One in Seven Billion

Authors Note: To those who like cliché stories. This one is for you.

One in Seven Billion

"Hey ugly."

Hearing that voice, she stopped on her tracks but didn't look anywhere. "What?" She threw daggers through her eyes; her voice seemed very much irritated.

"Is that how you acknowledge the person you love?" He teased, sticking his tongue out slowly in front of her face.

"Get lost." She looked away.

"Why can't you look at me then?" He asked, showing his oh-so-famous grin.

She looked at him, eyebrows raised, "Because," she sighed before sneering, "I hate you."

                                                  (✿ฺ´∀'✿ฺ)

It was when Louraine was still ten years old. She was new to town, new to the school, new to everyone, new to Justin.

"Okay Class, this is Louraine. She'll be joining our class from now on, be nice to her, okay?" Their teacher had said, smiling at everyone.

Everyone was silent. Everyone was looking at Louraine, eyes attached on her, making her shift uncomfortably, until a boy wearing faded jeans and plain white converse shoes broke the taciturnity. That boy was Justin.

"Teacher!" He raised his hand, gathering attention from his classmates.

"What is it Justin?" his teacher asked, beaming a smile for him.

He stood up from his seat, and pointed at the new girl in front wearing ponytails, "She's ugly!"

Everybody laughed, that is, but Louraine. She felt unhappy. Being new, she felt as if she's not welcomed. She stared at Justin.

"Justin! That's not how you treat a new classmate! Say you're sorry!"

"But she's really," once again, the innocent boy flashed into laughter, "ugly."

Embarrassing her on her first day, Louraine hated Justin ever since.

                                                  (✿ฺ´∀'✿ฺ)

"Hey ugly, ponytails are annoying, take them off, it's pissing me off."

She ignored him, walking right passed through his seat to hers, “You’re pissing me off.”

He moved into the vacant seat in front of Louraine's seat, he looked at her, a look that can tug any girl's heartstrings, "Why do you still wear them anyway." he sneered.

She took a seat, ignoring the boy. "To annoy you."

"You're annoying."

"You're annoying."

She took out her notebook and began scribbling, ignoring the boy in front of him.