chapter 1

"kurama! can we please take a break?" i completely lay down on his bed, while i gently drop the open book on my face as i exaggerated the way i sigh. i hear him chuckles and he moved closer, pushing away the books between us and taking the book out of my face.

i look at his smiling face and bright green eyes. "unfortunately you still don't get the last part so, no" he gently grabbed me by my arms and forced me to sit up.

"do you want to fail, (your/name)? your mom won't be happy about that, she is having a hard time on her work just so you can go to school" he reminded me and also making me feel guilty. "fine!"

i pouted as i grabbed the book he is giving me. opened it and starts to study once more. even tho my brain feels like it will explode soon, i can't help it but to smile because he is very concern about my grades, he always tutor me even when we were kids. because he knows i don't pay much attention on education. i was more up with battling some demons.

when we were ten years old, i found out about him being a fox demon and the same time that i am a psychic, we easily became friends thanks to his mom and my mom being bestfriend. Memories coming back to me that have distracted me again from studying.

kurama cleared his throat that almost made me jump, i was so startled but i quickly pretend to mumble some words from the book so i would look like that i am studying but nothing gets away from the Amazing kurama, i hear him sigh deeply.

i peeked from the top of the book "am i in trouble?" i let out a nervous laugh, kurama can be so strict with studying. "A little bit more and yes you will be" he laughs as he sees my reaction. "i wonder what i can do to get you motivated ?" he then thought deeply putting his hand on his chin and this made me grinned widely.

"how about a prize?" i suggested excitedly. "a prize? care to explain?" he crossed his arms as he listen. "well, if i study hard and passed the exam tomorrow, you will give me a prize?" he nodded and smiled a bit "what prize do you want?" he asked. i paused for a good long 5minutes then answer. "anything sweet! chocolate or ice cream, candies. you know i like it all" i giggled.

"alright its a deal" he agreed, and return on reading the book he is holding and i did as well. We studied very hard and i got all of his question almost right. "well i must admit that i didn't expect you'll get something right, but you almost got it all. nice one (your/name)"

he was about to say something else but he was stopped when a pillow hit his face. "hey that's mean! you know i can be smarter than you if i decided to snuggle up with books" i puffed my cheeks and looked away. i hear him chuckles and that made me smile. "is that so? you can try to prove that" he smirk as he challenged me. "on second thought.. no way! thats boring, i'd rather keep on training" he sigh "just as i thought"

Even tho i can protect myself, kurama still walks me home, its my favorite part whenever i have stayed late at his house, the beautiful moonlight, the long quiet walk, the cold breeze passing thru us. we didn't need words, just feeling the presence of each other is what matters to us.

My thoughts was distracted when kurama stopped walking. "we're here now" he put his hand on my shoulder to get my attention. "Oh?? silly me, i didn't notice. Good night kurama" i bowed and so did he. "Good night, (your/name)" he turned around and started walking away.

i went inside my house and ready myself to sleep. when i was done i flopped down on my bed, hugging a pillow and soon fell into a deep slumber.

The nex day:

im reading a book as i walk to school, reviewing one last time. i am so fired up for this exam since i want to get my prize, knowing kurama if i did do well, my prize is already sitting pretty in his room.

"am i dreaming or you're really studying on your own this time" kurama's voice sound so shock but i didn't stop to look at him or even talk to him. he is chuckling lightly as he follow me from behind.

before we entered the class room. he wish me good luck in a teasing way that i only rolled my eyes at him. after the whole day of exams. the school bell finally ring, i got my bag and went to kurama excitedly.

"lets go! hurry up" i was even already pulling him but he wont even move a bit. "easy, you're too excited" he shakes his head as he stand up and grab his bag. "well i really am since i'll get my prize!" i squealed excitedly.

"says who?" he asked innocently. "hey! i did a good job, right ?" i pouted at him. "yes you did, lets go"

after the quiet peaceful walk on the way to his house, i drop my bag to the couch as i sit. i grinned at him widely as i wiggle my eyebrows "Alright, alright i'll get it, make yourself comfortable" he said to me before he went up to his room.

as i was waiting i heard someone knock and i checked who it was. when i open the door, yusuke, keiko, yukina, kuwabara, botan and hiei are there. "whoa! the whole team is here, guys come in!"

"where's kurama?" yusuke ask me as he entered the house along with the others. "he's upstairs getting my prize." we all then went to the living room and waited there. "a prize for what (your/name)?" botan asked curiously.

"i did well on the exam today, and for studying hard he got me some sweets!" "oh! why didn't i thought of that, that could have worked with yusuke here!" keiko said while glaring at him. me and the others laughed figuring that keiko probably had a hard time to force yusuke to study.

"ah so what are you guys doing here?" "its friday night, so we planned to just relax and watch some movies. you are staying right?" kuwabara explained, grinning widely. "sure i'll stay! but im surprised hiei is here" i smiled sheepishly when hiei sigh.

"heh! we convinced him hard and said 'everyone' will come, im sure hiei didn't want to missed this bonding time" yusuke was laughing hysterically on hiei's reaction. hiei was glaring sharply at him. "shut up if you don't want this to be your last night, yusuke"

i couldn't help it but to laugh along with botan, apparently hiei joined for tonight since yukina is here, and with a crazy-in-love-kuwabara around, he will definitely stay. after some moment kurama arrived holding some CD's of different kind of movies and a paper bag filled with my prize!