10~ Escape

Ally's pov.

Lilly and I were running through the old house checking all the windows and doors but they were all sadly locked. We were locked in here! How is Louis going to find us in the middle of no where?

I took a deep breath and calmed down. I controlled my breathing and tried to think, there has to be another way out of her.

THAT'S IT!! There is another way! When I was here as a child all of us used to play hide and seek and I knew this basement that lead into the windy wild woods.

Let's hope it works. I told Lilly to help me slide the carpet over to the right side of the dusty room. She was slightly confused but didn't argue. We a tried to push and within seconds I saw what I was looking for. Our escape. I ran up the stairs wincing a little, still and pain.

I bet you I looked like crap. I glanced down at my injured hand and still see the bandage wrapped around it. I ran into the kitchen and frantically searched for a torch. I found one small head torch, that would have to do.

I ran back out and saw that Lilly had the door already opened. She went down first and used the black flip phone as a light then next was me. I slammed the door shut so it was just us in the somewhat darkness.

I immediately felt closed in and I tried to keep my breathing under control. We crouched down low so we wouldn't hit out head on the rusty of ceiling.

We were pressed up against each other and I could hear Lilly's heart beating like a drum. I'm sure mine was the same. We ran quick and low.

We kept the phone torch and my small torch shining in front of us so we could see the end of the creaky path.

I just so hope Louis will be there. God, the last time I saw him in person was when I broke up with him. I cringed at the sore memory.

The torch shone on a half broken stair case that lead to our escape. Lilly walked up first not caring if the stairs broke. She pushed open the door hatch that was on the roof but it didn't budge.

I crawled up the stairs being slightly careful and I knew my injured hand wouldn't be able to push it open. So I shouldered it without thinking it through.

I instantly felt the pain shudder through my shoulder. I winced and felt the tears pricked my tired eyes.

I bit my already busted lip trying to hold back a groan of pain. This time I had to think and try something else. I can't use my hands or arm so maybe my feet might work.

I raise my leg and forcefully give it a hard kick. The door flew open and Lilly and I had to look away ad the bright light spread through the tunnel.

This is our chance. Our escape. We both crawl out from the hard wood and onto the crunchy dry forest leaves.

Somehow we find the energy to run, after all we've been through we have to push through the pain and injuries.

Who will get to us first?

The police? Louis? Dad?

It's all a game of luck. Dad will be here soon. Lilly and I sprint through the woods in distress. Hoping to run into someone.

Our feet slam shut on the ground as we hear car tires. But who's car? I'm not taking any chances. I look around for a place to hide. It's all just grass, leaves and trees.

Trees. They were tall dark bark tree that looked strong. I motioned to Lilly to start climbing the tree as the car noises got louder and closer.

We both started to slowly and carefully climb the tree. My hand was aching and was hard to grip onto the tree branches. The bruises that were still covering my body were weighing me down.

My muscles had had enough, my bones ached. The bashing dad gave me was talking it's toll on me. I was beginning to feel tired. I just was sick of running. I hate this. What's the point?

My eyes stung with tears of despair. I don't want to run anymore. But I know I have to. Somehow find something that will give me strength. Louis.

I think of his perfectly messy hair, his glowing blue eyes, shining smile. His laugh that made me go crazy. His kindness that makes my heart melt. Just thinking of him gave me a shimmer of hope.

I pushed on and climbed up the tree. We stopped climbing and were hide behind branches and leaves. The roaring of the engine became dangerously close.

"ALLY! WHERE ARE YOU!?"

LOUIS!! He's here! I let out a loud breath and tell Lilly she can go down, that it's safe. I slowly climb down myself as I hear the leaves crushing.

I jump out onto the ground and see Louis running towards us. He looks like hell and heaven at the same time. He has bags under his eyes from lack of sleep and has obviously been stressing.

I garuantee that I looked worse though. I was covered in bruises and cuts, hair every where and eyes wild. I missed Louis so much. The last time I saw him was when I broke up with him.

I ran into his arms and didn't let go. I broke into his arms. I dropped to the floor as he held me. I want to go home. We didn't say anything just letting the horrors of the day cross our minds.

We still weren't safe. We still had to go before Dad got back. I try my hardest to pull myself together for a few more minutes so we can go back home but we will never forget this day.