Chapter 1: A Chaotic Day

Hope you enjoy this piece i put together! Have a great day and just want to make sure all of you know that my inspiration for this book was with a Disney movie called Sky High and the great characteristics all my great friends have! So let me stop all the chitter chatter and start the high school experience!
////////////////
Beep.Beep.Beep. Can't this stupid thing shut up Its morning and I'm currently debating whether to go to school or hide in my blankets. Definitely leaning more into hiding from my responsibilities.

Even though my school isn't completely normal, I still have to have projects, tests, and homework. Ugh. Let me go drown into the endless stream of homework and stress.

"Clarissa,Get up now!", my mom burst through my room and allowed blinding light to enter in my room, "Get up or I promise I will get a bucket of ice cold water and I'm not joking". I looked up and saw my mother's threatening and stern face. "Mother, I'm hungry, tired, and sleep deprived", I whined while hugging my pillow and blanket close to me. "Miss Clarissa laziness is not allowed in my household', my mother said while yanking my perfectly comfortable sheets and forcing me up, "Get ready!'. "Fine.", I said with a defeated sigh.

"Mom my school is pretty low on real human like education", I said while grabbing a cornbread from the glossy kitchen counter. "Clarissa don't say that. Skai academy has many beneficial techniques that can last a lifetime for their lucky students, even normal and perfectly human beings," my mom said while emphasizing lucky. "Also you have many wonderful friends!", my mother continued,knowing I couldn't reject that I had found some great friends. "I know", I said longing my bed and its comfy blanket, "I'll get ready in a minute".

I padded back to my room and looked for a decent outfit. For some reason, the extremely oversized hoodie and pale white pants were calling out to me. Especially because I was extremely lazy to actually care to dress nice. I yanked my hair out of its tangled mess and began to wash my oily face. I twisted my hair in a bun and I was ready. I yell towards my mom's room across the hallway, "I'm done1!". "Great! Lets get to the car.", my mother said excitingly. Why is my mother so perky and demanding at the same time? The world will never know.

I slide in the car and put in my earbuds and drown out all noise from my surroundings. Minutes later the school's atmosphere came into view. Villains lurking in the dark and planning their next evil scheme. Future heroes trying out their next amazing trick with their powers. How I longed having something special.

"Bye honey!', my mother said while giving me a kiss on the cheek. "Bye mom, I love you!", I said while grabbing my stuff and slipping out of my mother's car. "Have a great day!", my mother said excitedly. I let out a small smile and waved goodbye.

What will this day hold for me? What will school do this time?

"Boo!', Phantom Wolf said while scaring me. " You scared me", I said with widened eyes. "Yay! You are so easy to scare.", Phantom said in between laughs,  "Want to go to the gas dome". "Why?", I asked curiously. The only time they take me to the gas dome is to show off some amazing tricks or new found power abilities.

"Silver Fire is trying a new trick with her fire controlling powers and is using a different type of weapon, a butterfly knife and its her first time throwing fireballs out of that! Come on, lets go! The whole squakles is there except Galactica because she's running late", Phantom wolf said. with a hint of excitement and urgency.

Squakles is our name for our squad. It all started when Phantom Wolf said 'Squakles' instead of squad goals. After that it just stuck with us.

"Cool! Let's go!", I said gaining interest in watching Silver do her magic.

We ran to the gas dome and as I opened the door I had to quickly duck or risk being catapulted by an electric ball created by Electrica, the Skai's scholar and future well known superhero. "I'm so sorry. I didn't see you there. Guess I have to work on my observant portion. Sorry", Electrica said with an apologetic tone. "Its fine", I said reassuringly.