Max

Max

Thunder clapped as my flock sat under the tree. Rain hit us a couple times, but it wasn't like we could do anything about it. Everytime that thunder sounded, the little girl moved closer to me. It was normal. I wasn't surprised that she was scared of thunder and lighting. Our dog sat in her lap and she wrapped her arms around her. We were all here together, just how I like it. Now only if it wasn't raining. 

"Go to sleep," I told her and she looked at me with her huge eyes. I smiled back at her, "I'll wake you up when we're going to fly," She nodded and laid her head on my lap. I smiled at her as she fell asleep.

"Max!" The second  youngest complained, "How much longer is the rain going to last?"

"I don't know," I admited, "Why don't you get some sleep as well?" I looked at the members of my flock, "I'll take first watch, so everyone sleep," Eventually everyone but Fang and I were asleep. He was staring at the rain, arms crossed. I sat there, slightly watching him and slightly watching the rest of my flock. He glanced at me a couple times, but I rarely noticed. About an hour later, we were up and in the air.

----

Not knowing where to go, I contacted the voice. 

So voice, I asked as we continued to fly, Where shall we go this time? The voice took it's time to answer me.

Africa, It answered, There's someone waiting for you there. He'll need your help. I sighed. Helping a random teen? Here's another break from saving the world.

Okay then voice, I answered, You better be right, I hated when I was sent on chases.

"Okay guys!" I started with a smile, "We're going to Africa!" Everyone but Fang cheered. It's so hard to please that guy, "We'll sneak onto a boat and then sneak off when we arrive in Africa," And that's what we did.