Chapter 18: Family Dinner

Start from the beginning

I pulled away from Robbie just as Henry ran back out. He was wearing a green t-shirt (his favorite color) and jeans. I helped him put on his black sneakers. I giggled when I noticed his shirt was inside-out and backwards.

Me: Henry, your shirt is *giggle* on wrong. Here, let me help you. *giggle*

I pulled his shirt off, fixed it, and put it on him the right way. I fixed his hair and rubbed my thumb over his cheek for no particular reason. He's just adorable.

Me: That's better. You can go play for a little while until we leave.

He ran to the room again. I found it funny that his name is Jared's second name (TV name, not middle name) and his favorite color is my boyfriend's second favorite color.

Me: Ready to go?

Robbie: I'm ready, but are you?

Me: I...think I am.

Robbie: It'll be fine. Come on.

I nodded.

Me: Henry!

He ran out and jumped into my arms. I carried him to my car and put him in his booster seat in the back. I buckled the seat belt and was about to get in the driver's seat, but Robbie pit his hand on the door and smirked.i rolled my eyes and got in the passenger's seat.
-------------------Time Skip-----------------------
We got to my parents' house and I knocked on the door. Jared opened the door. He wore a black t-shirt and jeans.

Me: Hey, Jare.

Jared: Hi, guys. Come in.

We started walking in, but Jared's happy mood seemed to...lower, I guess.

Henry: Hi, Jawed.

Jared: Hi.

Me: Where are mom and dad?

Jared: In the kitchen.

I smiled and walked to the kitchen, with Robbie and Henry close behind. Mom and dad were sitting at the counter talking about something.

Me: Hi, mom. Hi, dad.

Mom: Hey, sweetie! Oh, hello, Robbie.

Robbie: Hello, Mrs. Gilmore. And Mr. Gilmore.

Dad: Robbie.

Mom: And this must be Henry. Jared told us you might be bringing him.

Me: Yup. This is Henry. Henry, this is my mom and dad.

Henry hid behind me, but peeked his head out to give a small smile.

Henry: Hi.

I stopped paying attention after that. I heard mom and dad talking to Henry. Then I decided it was time to talk to my parents about Robbie.

Me: Hey, Henry. There's a park nearby. Do you want to go?

Henry: Yeah!

Me: Jared, could you take Henry to the park for a little while.

Jared sighed.

Jared: Yeah, sure. Come on, Henry.

Both of the boys walked out of the house.

Mom: So...how long have you two been dating.

Robbie: It will be a year in one month.

I smiled at the thought.

Dad: But...you were friends with Jared long before you met Max.

"Oh, boy."