Chapter 2: Set Up

Robbie's POV

Me: Please, Macy?

Macy: Why? I don't even know him.

Me: That's what a blind date means.

Macy: No.

Me: Fiona, a little help?

I sat in the kitchen with my sister and a kid she babysits, who's name is Macy. We've known Macy's mother for years, so we're all pretty close to Macy.

Me: Macy, Jared is my best friend. You're the only kid his age that I know and wouldn't use him.

Macy: One date?

Me: One. Just to see how it goes.

Macy: Fine.

Me:Yes!
---------------------------------------------------------
Jared's POV

Me: Please, Max?

Max: Jared, I don't even know him.

I sat with my adopted older sister, Maxine. We first met her 5 years ago in London, when I was 9. My family took a trip to London, England.

Flashback

We walk closer to Big Ben to get a closer look. We start crossing the street, but I drop my book. I stop to pick it up when a car drives straight towards me. My parents scream my name, but I'm frozen with fear. I feel someone wrap their arms around me, picking me up and carrying me back to the side of the street where we were to start with. My savior puts me down.

Max: That was close. You have to be more careful.

She took a deep breath. I look at the floor, still scared and embarrased.

Max: Hey.

I look up and see that she's handing me my book.

Max: Snow White and The Seven Dwarves. I love that story.

Me: Really?

Max: Who wouldn't? I love all fairytales.

Me: Kids from my school think I'm wierd. They call me a baby.

My parents finally got to us. They hugged me and asked me if I was ok. I nodded.

Mom: Thank you so much...uh...

Max: Maxine. You can call me Max.

Dad: Thank you so much, Max. We can't thank you enough. How can we ever repay you?

Max: Believe me. There's no need.

Mom: Jared, we were so worried.

Max: Jared? Nice name.

She crouched in front of me.

Max: Jared, I'm 14 years old. I still love fairytales. I will always love them. If you like them, don't ever give them up. They give you hope. Don't ever give them up. These stories are the only reason I'm still alive.

Dad: Surely you don't mean that.

Max: I do mean it. But...

She stood up.

Max: It doesn't matter. It was nice meeting you all. Be more careful Jared. Bye.

Mom: Wait.

Max: Yes?

Mom: You're only 14?

Max: Yep.

Suddenly, a man walked up to Max, grabbed her wrist, swore, and started pulling her away. My dad grabbed him.

Dad: Hey! The man moved to punch my dad, but Maxine got in his way, taking the hit herself. She fell back on the floor.

Mac: Dad, leave them alone. I'm going home now.

Mr. Gray: Look what you made me do. Made me hit my own daughter. She deserved it, but not in front of anyone.

Dad: How could you say that!?

Mr. Gray: You hurt my kid. Give me one reason why I shouldn't hurt yours.

Max: Leave him alone! He's just a little kid! He didn't do anything!

End of Flashback

That's all I remember, or saw. My mom pulled me away when Max told me to run. A month after that, my parents adopted her.

Me: Please, Maxi?

I'm the only one allowed to call her Maxi...

Max: Alright, Jare. I'll give him a chance.

...And she's the only one allowed to call me Jare.

Me: Yes!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Awww! She saved his life and his parents saved hers!!! I have to admit, I loved writing the backstory. It was cute. Anyways, vote and comment. Please and thank you.