Chapter 2. Flights With A Chance Of Sunshine.

-8 hours in-

Christina:

My parents were both asleep, which is typical. It was so bright outside! Currently in England it would be midday. Soon I'd be landing in paradise, at 7 in the morning... Admittly i fell asleep for about two hours. Then for another two hours i decided to list everything I'd like to do in California, since I was going to San Diego, LA and San Francisco. I felt so lucky after reading the list.

"Java Joes cafe, Cafe Gratitude, the beach, surfing..." The list was endless, I wasn't sure how many I would be able to do but my idea was to tick them off. This way I'd feel much happier about my trip. This unfortunately didn't take up two hours so I started doodling lyrics and phrases like "Live high, Live mighty, Live righteously". I felt really happy after doing this. I also wondered whether other people do this like me...

Jason:

Almost home, he felt relived! Only two hours until he'd be there. Where the San Diego sun will shine throughout his gorgeous house. His house was rather beautiful, large open spaces, sunny coloured rooms and scenic views from every window in his house. Let's not forget that avocado farm.

He didn't have much to do, he looked through his bag for inspiration. Throughout his bag, he found keys, passport, flight details. He also found his iphone, camera and his book that he'd finished reading. I guess up until this point he hadn't gone on his laptop... eh, what was he to do? After these realisations he started coming up with ideas. What if he wrote a book?

Somehow, the last hour and a half whizzed past. Christina and Jason don't remember doing anything during this time though... strange..

"This your pilot speaking, your flight will be over in the next 30 minutes. I hope you have enjoyed your time with us and we hope to see you again, we are grateful to service you in your needs. Departing from Heathrow 5am, arriving at San Diego International 7am. The sun is already shining at 17 degrees. The date today is the 28th July, enjoy your day."

I grin at mum.

"The amount of time you had been nagging me to take you, we're almost there! Knowing you, you'll be taking hundreds of pictures. Not that that is a bad thing!" Mum said with a smile.

"Ha, I know. I can't wait to walk off this plane!" I said, with a constant grin.

My dad was a professional photographer, I guess my ability to photograph was from him. The creativity of it, I just love it and the feeling of taking a good image.

OH MY GOD. IT IS AMAZING ALREADY. I'm only in the airport as well! Just the friendly people and the warm feeling, in both senses. I've been complimented at least twice now! Ah, this is going to be a good day. The other funny thing is people want me to keep talking because I have an English accent. I just laugh, willing to make them happy.

-At the apartment-

My apartment is located on the coast of Oceanside, San Diego. The view is unbelievable. I can't wait to start using my camera! It's about half 8 and I've just finished packing. My mum is cooking up a nice breakfast for all of us. I can't wait to start off my list of things to do! I also needed my iPod charged... I know today will be a good day - My visit in San Diego is the longest so I'm making the most of it!