[I]Don't you just hate it when...

I can't believe the words I'm hearing right now. Is he actually serious? He's what?

"I'm attracted to other men." My fiance, Illumi repeats again, as if I hadn't heard him the first ten times.

Yeah, you heard right. He's breaking off our engagement - which he flipping proposed - because this entire time we were dating, he was secretly in the closet?!

Alright, alright. I'm gonna stop it right there. You might be a little confused, why on earth is this happening, and why should you care?

You're right! You shouldn't care! But I'm going to tell this story anyways, because no one has flipping heard my version of this tale, and I deserve a voice OK?!

Deep breaths Nana, deep breaths. Okay.

Let's start from the beginning, shall we? The very beginning.

I was born 25 years ago - today actually - and my parents named me Naniki, but everyone calls me Nana. So, being born and raised in a typical middle-class household for the first six years of my life, you would think that it's strange for me to have interactions with an assassin.

Well, let me tell you something. You shouldn't base me on stereotypes. Why? Well, you see, my parents actually died in a car crash when I turned six. I have amazing birthdays, I know. So, it was off to the orphanage I went, and if I could say one thing about it, the Yorknew house for children sucked.

Well, one good thing had come out of it - or at least that's what I thought up until ten minutes ago. You see, in my tenth year of being there, things were getting awfully dull so they had to spice things up somehow. The management had a brilliant idea of writing letters to pen-pals.

I know, crazy! Letters, when even the orphans of Yorknew had cell phones. Anyways, that's not the point. The point of the story is, we each - all four hundred of us "poor kiddies" - wrote a letter to a random address; management got lazy and didn't bother finding us actual participants who might actually write back.

After the letters were sent, with our photos attached of course because there's definitely no pedophiles out there in the world or anything, we waited. Months passed, and the only response to all four hundred spam mails was for - can you guess? - me.

The other kids all crowded around me as the mail man came to deliver said response, but I was not feeling it that day, so I stuck it in the fireplace, and was hoping to watch it burn and crash but after hours of boredom staring into the fiery abyss, I came to the realization that the fricking paper wasn't burning!

Enraged, I had thrust my barely sixteen year old hand into the flames, and pulled out the letter. It was coated with a flame resistant poison or something - at least, that's what *hiss* Illumi told me. So, was it actually a miracle that I threw the envelope into the flames.

A miracle? I think not, for the worst thing happened after I read the response. Somehow, I became interested in writing back - worst mistake ever- and soon me and my pen-pal actually forged a strong relationship.

It was actually going so well that on my eighteenth birthday, my pen-pal dropped by for a visit. And, by a visit I mean he slaughtered everyone in the orphanage and invited me out on a date. I should've known that something was wrong with him right then and there - I mean, that's not f****** normal!

But I was young and dumb and, OK, I admit it, Illumi was a stud back then. Still is, I suppose, if he didn't just dump my ass. But, I'm getting ahead of my self. So, there I was, eighteen and without a care in the world. Just me and my pen-pal (who murdered my entire orphanage but hey who cares he was cute), ready to take the world by storm.

And, for a while... We did. He was sweet to me, and kind. He always rescued me from kidnappers and whenever people came to collect my debts - I swear I'm not a shopaholic - he always takes care of it. This relationship of ours blossomed for another five years before he finally popped the big question.

I mean, it was hard-core romantic too, if you were into literal hearts forming a heart, with candles used for cult sacrifices and blood everywhere. He even got down on one knee and everything. The ring of course, was spectacular... Speaking of which, I'm totally still taking it with me.

Anyways, back to then. So, we were in utter bless, but then came this thing people who married typically did. "Meet the parents".

It took me hours to knock on their door. In my defense, it was quite a frightening door - tall and huge and heavy and scary, who knew what was behind it?

The meeting went horribly, of course; his mother disapproved of me almost immediately. I'm not sure if it's because I screeched "cyclops" when I saw her or if it was when I thought she had a daughter. It took me nearly two years to win her over, and I tried really hard too! I bought her daughter stuffed toys, and that little brat with white hair daggers, and I even splurged on a laptop for that fatty!

And now? All my efforts, my money, my time! Wasted! Why you ask? Because apparently Illumi was just using me so that his parents would buy him a wedding dress "for me".

"I'm in love with my best friend." Illumi says, and turns around so that he looks away from me.

God, I can't bear the sight of that liar anymore. I hiss out: "You don't have friends."

No response comes from his corner, and I huff. "Just so you know, I'm taking everything you gave me."

"Good." A single word. I am furious, was I not even worth a single sentence now?!

I turn on my heels, and walk out the door, making sure to slam it loudly on my way out of the apartment we bought together last year.

How dare he! I think as I march into the airport and order tickets to Yorknew. I'll definitely make him pay, if it's the last thing I do.

And that, is how I started on my crazy, vindictive , and gratifying quest.

===

END VINDICTIVE - I

... your bae ain't yo bae?

-JUST A NOTE-

Please, I'm sorry if there's no regular updates. I know people often get upset over that, but like, it's not me OK, it really isn't. Blame the school, blame Netflix, blame games for sucking up my time and soul, but it's not me XD

Anyways. If anyone reads INKY - I'm putting that on hold for now because life is a mess and I can't.

So yeah .-.

First chapter, how'd I do?~

M'kay. Bye ^o^