1

Hey guys, here's the long promised first chapter. Hope you enjoy it, and please comment/dm me of any errors (grammar, punctuation, etc). Keep in mind I will probably change a few things along the way (As I may get a better idea or something like that :)) -k

I look one last time in the mirror, fixing the makeup that nobody will see. The dress I bought I have concluded is far too tight and I wish I hadn't nonchalantly bought the first dress I saw. I sigh and put on my mask. I walk out my hotel room and walk over to the elevator down the hall. "Ground?" I ask the woman that loads onto the elevator and she nods. I walk out as the elevator opens and walk into the ballroom. My cousin, Maddi, is nowhere do be found. I sigh and take a seat in a small booth and wait for her to arrive. "A drink, Miss?" A waiter comes up to me, smiling gently. 

"No, thanks." I smile back and he nods. He leaves to go to the next table and Maddi and her boyfriend Jason walk up to me. "Oh my god, Jade?" She squeals and comes up to me to hug me. I stand up and hug her. "Hi Madd," I smile and she pulls away from me. "Oh my god Karlie. Your stunning." She says and I laugh. "This is Jason. Jason, this is  Jade, my little cousin." 

"Not so little anymore, I guess," She laughs and I chuckle. 

The last time I saw her was when she came to Australia for our Granny's 80th birthday. "Maddi!" Another girl yells from across the room and she and a bunch of people come over to her. "Move over, Jay." She giggles and crams the round booth I got for the three of us. This is not the night I wanted. The girls little gang takes a seat too and they yell at the waiter for shots. "Who's this?" A young tattooed guy points at me rudely. He continues to point and looks at Maddi. "Jade. My cousin. Don't get any ideas, Tee." She glares and looks at me, apologizing with her eyes. "Karlie. Cute." The girl says and looks at me up and down. "I'm Liz." She smiles wickedly and I cringe, but hid it with a brief smile. Deal with this for an hour, I tell myself. Maddi clearly didn't know these people were gonna be here and Jason doesn't seem trilled, either. 

"Doesn't she speak?" Another girl speaks up. 

"Yes, she does. She is just a little jet lagged." Maddi stands up for me. "Jade, this is Katherine. And that's Jennifer, Molly and Joe." She introduces me to them and I try to take my mothers advice and be kind to everyone, despite the circumstances. "Hi, I'm Jade." I say and the girl laughs. "An Aussie!" She laughs and I smile awkwardly. "Yeah, I flew in last-"

"Don't care." She says and riles up the group about how they are gonna see how many shots they can do before they pass out. "I'm going to go to the loo," I whisper to Maddi and she nods understanding. "I'm so sorry, Jade." She says and I nod. "It's okay. I'm the newby here." I chuckle and she laughs. 

I walk over to the restrooms and try to stall as much as I can by fixing my hair multiple times and perfecting the tight dress I regret wearing. I leave the bathroom and walk back into the ballroom. Maddi is by the entrance and she smiles. "Managed to ditch them," She laughs and I chuckle. "How have you been, hey? Are you still seeing that Luke?" She smiles and I laugh and shake my head. "No. He ended that a while ago," I say and she wraps her arm around my shoulders as we walk in again. "Aw, he was such a nice lad." She grins and I laugh. "Come on, we are gonna get you someone to dance with." She smiles and I laugh and shake my head. "No, I'm okay just watching." I say and we walk over to Jason. 

"Your sure?" She asks and I nod. I like how Maddi doesn't push for things. "Okay," She says and Jason and her walk over to dance. I sigh and stand off to the side and watch as people laugh with their partner. 

"You alone too?" A tall man stands beside me and I nod. "Yeah," I say and look at him. He is very toned and fit. He has an accent.. almost Spanish. "I'm Cristiano," He introduces himself and I smile. "Jade," I say and nod as I try not to create eye contact. "Want to dance?" He smiles and I look at him. "Sure," I say. What the hell, why not? He seems nice enough, and when has someone ever asked me to dance? He grins and puts his hands on my side and I wrap my arms around his neck. 

"Your not from around here are you?" He asks me and I shake my head. "No, how'd you know?" I ask, forgetting that I also have an accent. "You have an accent.. your quite tanned.. Australian?" He says and I look at him and smile. "Yeah.." I say and try to pick out his accent. "Your from Spain?" 

"Portugal. I live in Spain, though." He says and I nod. "Close," I say and he nods and smiles at me. Maddi looks at me and gives me the thumbs up and I laugh. Cristiano looks at her as well and he smiles. "Sorry about her." I say and he shakes his head. "It's okay."

"Wanna play a game?" He asks and I look at him to see if he's joking or not. "Okay.." I laugh. 

"Okay. I pick someone, then you say their best feature." He says and I laugh at his game. It's so out of the blue. "Then you do the same." He says and I smile and nod. "Alright," I chuckle and he smiles and scans the room. "Your friend," He says looking at Maddi.

"Hair." I say and look around too. I look at a girl across the room smiling. "Her."

"Hair as well." He smiles and I watch him look around. "Him," He says referring to a middle aged man with a round tummy with no hair. "Smile," I say as he smiles at his wife. He smiles and watches me as I look around for someone for him to compliment. "Her," I say, looking at a young blonde girl with a tight golden sparkle dress. "Ass." He says and I laugh. "But, not as good as yours, though." He says and I scoff playfully. "You were looking at my ass?" 

"Maybe," He says and I laugh. "Me." He says and I look at him. "Smile, laugh, eyes..." I say, not realizing I'm naming more than one. I desperately want to see his face. He looks at me and I smile. "Me," I say and he looks at me. "Everything," He says and looks into my eyes. My heart begins to race and butterfly's enter my stomach. I smile and look down, laughing. "What," He says smiling at me. "I don't know," I say. "You can't even see my face.."

"I don't need too." He says. "But I really want to." 

"Why did you want to dance with me?" 

"I recognize you from somewhere.. I just don't know where." he says and I nod. "Same, actually." I say and he chuckles a bit and spins me around. I laugh and the music stops. We remove our arms from each other and I look for Maddi and find her kissing Jason as they climb into the elevator. I laugh and Cristiano chuckles. I yawn and I look at the time. It's already quarter past 10, but it would be tomorrow in Australia. "I should go," I say and Cristiano nods. "Yeah, me too." He says and I nod. He follows me into the elevator and I look at him. "I'm staying here too," he chuckles and I laugh. He presses the top floor, and the elevator starts moving. 

"What floor?" He asks.

"Four.." I say and look up and we are already on the 5th. I sigh, but also I am a bit relieved that I get to spend more time with him. 

The people behind us get out and we are left alone in the elevator together. "Cristiano," I laugh and he looks at me. I stand on my toes to fix the cow lick in his hair. "There. Sorry it would have driven me crazy." I say and he chuckles, and takes a hold of my wrists holding me close to him. My lips attach onto his. He kisses me in perfect sync, moving his hands to the back of my neck. The door opens and he looks at me. I smile and get off the elevator with him, forgetting about how I know nothing about him.