Amelie Leveridge and Severus Snape Chapter 16

Start from the beginning

"Can I spend christmas with the weasleys?" I quickly turned my head away, waiting for the angry No, when I was astounded by his response.

"I don't see why not." I stared at him, open mouthed.

"Really?" He nodded. I ran over to him, and crushed him in a hug. He tensed and kept me at arms length. It took me about 5 seconds to realise what I was doing, and quickly pulled away.

"Sorry" I mumbled, looking down at my feet. He stared at me strangely before storming off into his room.

"Goodbye then?!" I grumbled before turning and running back to the common room. Tears had begun falling down my face. Did he really not love me enough to hug me?! I sniffed back the rest of the tears and pushed through into the room, to be greeted by calls of 'Amelie'. Harry, Ron and Hermionie came rushing up to me.

"What did he say?" Asked Hermionie curiously.

"Can you stay with us?" I looked up at Ron and smiled.

"He said yes!!" They all looked shocked.

"Really?" Harry asked sceptically. And I nodded.

"That's great news!" I smiled, but it didn't quite reach my eyes, not that they noticed, and started to make my way to my room. Neville grabbed my arm as I was about to go in.

"Amelie?" I turned to face him.

"Amelie, are you ok?" He had such care in his voice, and I couldn't keep the tears at bay. He pulled me into a hug, as I slowly stopped crying.

"Better?" He asked, I just smiled limply, before walking into my room and collapsing onto my bed. Christmas shopping was pretty exhausting.

When I opened my eyes, it was the day of leaving hogwarts. I hurriedly got dressed, and ran down to breakfast. I was leaving with Ron, Harry and Hermionie at 9, so I needed to say goodbye to some people before we left. After shovelling down my breakfast, I dashed out of the hall, and after the group of teachers.

"Professor Dumbledore!"

"Ah, good morning Miss Leveridge. Looking forward to your Christmas I presume?" I nodded like an over-excited child. I had been standing there for at least a minute before I realised that they were staring at me.

"Oh, right. I've got something for you Sir." He smiled warmly at me as I placed the small package in his hand.

"You didn't have to, Amelie." I smiled up at him.

"I did, I really did. I owe you everything after you saved me from my life before, and brought me here to hogwarts. Thank you." I enveloped him in a hug, and Snape sneered. I turned to face him.

"Am I going to see you at Christmas Sir" I drawled the last word.

He just glared at me. "I take that as a no." I grumbled.

"Here." I said, in a voice just as unemotional as Snapes. I thrust the neatly wrapped presents I had planned to give him at Christmas, into his hand. He just looked down at them.

"What is it?" I glared at him.

"Your...ermm...christmas presents." I mumbled. He looked suprised, and I just turned and left. I wasn't going to let that unemotional man ruin my newfound Christmas spirit.

I skipped to my dorm room, and grabbed my suitcase. I turned to leave when I saw Neville standing in the doorway.

"Neville!" I threw my arms round him, laughing carelessly.

"Amelie! You seem happy today!"

"Well, it's nearly Christmas!"

"I'm gonna miss you, Amelie."

"I'm gonna miss you too Neville!" I smiled up at him, and pulled a small present out of my cloak.

"Here, I nearly forgot." He ripped open the present and pulled out the gloves.

"Happy Christmas Neville!" He smiled.

"I love them!" He looked admiringly down at his gift. "I got you something too." He thrust a small parcel into my hand. I delicatley unwrapped it to find a beautiful silver necklace, engraved with my initials.

"Oh Neville! It's beautiful." He grinned as I gave him another hug.

"Amelie! We're going now!" Harry called from the common room.

"Coming!" I called back.

"So, do you like it?" Neville asked, nervously.

"Neville, I love it." Just as I was saying that, some misletoe grew magically above our heads. I grinned, and stood on my tiptoes, quickly kissing Neville on the lips.

"Happy Christmas Neville!" I shouted before going out to Harry, leaving a stunned Neville staring after me.