Capter 1- The flight to Italy.

She's gone, yet it feels like she about to walk from the airplane toilets and say ' April fools Lorilee, Happy Birthday my little dumpling' but she never does. I want the pain to go away it's been a year and it still feels like yesterday they told me mum died instantly at the scene of the crash, back in the small town of Leatherhead in England. I got a phone call from the police through the college telling me what happened. I couldn't speak, talk, eat or sleep for weeks even now.

So here i am on a one-way ticket to Italy, I couldn't stay to do my studies in England so I chose Italy. And now here I am on my 23.45pm flight to varona, Italy. Its been 45 minutes already I can feel all these emotions spiraling into a massive knot in the pit of my stomach causing me to keep constantly running back and forth to the toilet cubicle. I'm still thinking about my mum and the stuff I'd love say to her before she died, but I have to move on now she would of wanted me to. All I need to think about is my new apartment, job and finishing university.

I was too locked up in my own thoughts that I didn't notice the light pitter patter of the flight attendants shoes, coming in my direction.

"Mrs Lorilee could I get you something? A drink maybe?" The blond haired woman asked in a light tone.

"Ummm... No thank you. How long have we go left till we land in Italy Miss?" I asked

" We are scheduled to land in the next hour and 20 minutes miss." The flight attendant replied.

I did a short nod of understanding and mumble of gratitude. And slipped on my head phones when she moved on to talking to a frail old lady that sat behind me. I slip my headphones on so that I had something else to keep my mind from wondering on to other things that I wasn't quite ready to think about any of it yet.

••••••♪♪•••••••••••♪•♪♪♪••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••♪♪♪•♪••••••••••••••♪♪••••♪♪•••••

An hour and 20 minutes later...

I could feel a light tap on my arm and the gentle voice of a lady.

"Mrs it's time to get up. We have now reached our destination, you have to exit the plane now Madame."

" I swear I'll get up in 5 minutes mum. Just please.!?! " I mumbled in my sleep, as I barely opened my eyes, because of the brightness of the sun that shined through the airplane windows. And that's when realization hit me in full force that I wasn't at home, my mother wasn't there and I was now in Italy.

While I gather my stuff and try to recall which part of the flight I had drifted off at and if I snored a lot during the process. As I mindlessly guided myself out the plane thanking the lady and carrying on walking thought the tunnel. When I got to the end of the tunnel the Sun and heat hit me full force which kinda put a smile to my face, because my life has changed and will change for the better now and I'd make sure of that.

I collect all my things And caught myself a taxi into the apartment that I am renting whilst staying here. Maybe this year  my birthday could be better.