"Since Lily and I are friends now, are you going to come play again?" Ren (I'm going to just call him that now) asked as he picked another apricot up from the ground.

"Eh?..." I should maintain a favorable standing in his eyes to avoid getting slaughtered by his powers in the future"...if I can, sure!", even if it means breaking some ground rules.

Its forbidden for a Vampire to interact with a human as we don't know what sorcery they might throw at us.

Forgive me Dear Mothers, your precious daughter is breaking a rule for the first time since I am reborn!

Technically, I've broken two rules, one being the fact that I've skipped school, but who would actually mind the details?

"Then, next week on the same day, same place?"

"I'm fine with that."

"Yay!" Ren cheered as he hooked my head under his shoulders.

"You can be my best friend from now on!"

...Huh?

"Ren, don't you have other friends?" I blurted out without thinking.

That was really insensitive of me!

"I-I'm sorry! I mean-" I tried to rephrase myself but was stopped when the hold on my neck got tighter.

"Hahaha! It's okay! I have heard that friends tell each other their personal background, so I can tell you mine!"

I blinked stupidly at his grinning face, confused for a moment before it clicked.

He's going to tell me his life story?

Not that I mind. I'm really curious, actually.

"I come from a family of Murderers. "

Wow, what a way to start.

...

Wait what?

"M-Murderers???" I widened my eyes when he gave an affirmative nod.

Are you serious?? No one mentioned this kind of background story in the Game!

"I'm hoping that you aren't scared of me now, Lily, since all the other kids are. They don't like me much, since I'm the son of Murderers." His eyes became hooded at this point of time.

"Even now...My parents are still kidnapping small children and doing weird things to them!" He continued, clenching his hands tightly.

"W-W-Weird things??" I involuntarily squeaked as I struggled against his hold.

"A-Ah- " Ren gasped as I shoved him away from myself.

"......As predicted, you want to stop being my friend, aren't you?" Ren looked downcasted as he held his body tightly, as if trying to seek comfort alone.

Suddenly, I felt the air shift as the area around Ren became darker.

"I knew I shouldn't have been born, I know my Parents are bad people, and I should stop them every time they do something bad, but I'm weak! What do they even want me to do?? I didn't even do anything to them, yet they throw trash at me everyday and call me names! Why-"

Gritting my teeth as he continued to ramble off, I stomped towards him...

And gave him a hard slap.

"You idiot! I pushed you away because you were suffocating me! What makes you think I'm scared of you?" If it was known that a Royal blood Vampire was scared of a puny human child, I'd become the laughingstock of the school! Let alone the entire kingdom.