Prologue-Slave

&&&

My family was taken away from me, and I, from them. It was that night, when the hunters discovered our home, and they ruined my life and many others.

&&&

"Primrose!! Look what I found, it's beautiful, right?" I held out a shell with floral patterns.

A girl 3 years younger than me turned to my direction. She had brown hair that turned a little golden at the ends of her hair. Her purple eyes gazed curiously at the object I held within my hand.

"Kat!! If mom finds out about this, you'll get in trouble," she lowered her voice,"you didn't let them follow, right?"

I laughed, "Of course not!! I covered my tracks!"

Her eyebrows still creased in worry.

"You could always drop something, and They would follow, right?"

We were in a war, we, The Clansmen and The Humans. Unlike the humans, we had better intellect and stronger bodies. And...they were afraid. They waged a war to kill us all. The Clansmen regrouped and hid within the mazes of nature.

But, the coast is nowhere near the protection of the forest, so some of The Clansmen learned how to disappear into thin air. Yup, that's right, we know voodoo magic!! There are disadvantages that apply with magic.

1) You have energy, you exhaust energy when you cast magic, thus, rendering you defenseless when you deactivate it.

2) Clothes and anything touching you turns invisible, but you can always drop something.(Invisibility spell)

3) You can cast a certain amount of energy before using your LIFE as payment.(Memories, body parts, etc.)

4) The Rebound Effect-When your energy runs out, magic will find a cost that is suitable for the spell casted.

Back to the object at hand...

I shooed her off, "Whatever, I know I did a great job, that's why I'm the one sent be the village to scout and spy on The Humans, remember?"

She sighed, irritated, "I know, but I just wanted to make sure..!"

"So you won't..?"

"I won't tell mother."

"Great! Happy Birthday, Primrose," I said shyly as I gave her the shell, I could see her reaction change, she was always weak this way. She was too kind, I, too cruel.

She hugged the shell to her chest, "Thank you, Kat."

I smiled. "Let's go back to the village."

&&&

I made a mistake, I shouldn't have explored. I shouldn't even have thought of it. I was stupid back then, but I'm not now. I know what I had done wrong. One mistake, and I ruined hundreds of lives.

They didn't deserve such fate.

&&&

The village was brimming with people, as usual, despite the noise we created, human ears couldn't hear our voices.

The market area and square crowded with people, Primrose and I weaved through the crowd and into our house. It's like TinkerBell. Our houses are part of the trees and everything around it.