Chapter Thirteen

A/N: You guys crack me up with your comments omg! This whole #TeamKimmeliese #TeamGrayden thing is tooooo much! Lol, love you all! Xoxoxoxo :*

***

Beckett stood in the doorway as I kneeled over Collin Shaw's ten thousand dollar toilet, not offering to hold my hair or asking if I was alright, but rather, just taking in the glorious sight of something unfortunate happening to me.

"Wipe that look off your face," I said, pulling the lever and sitting back on my heels as if to perform a seppuku, which was, at this point, within the realm of possibility.

She continued to smirk in amusement. "Wipe the vomit off of yours."

I rolled my eyes and stood up. 

"The dress was that bad?"

"That's not why I threw up."

"Well you're not sick and you're not hung over," she pointed out.

"I'm sick of this job," I said, picking up my toothbrush. "If that counts."

"I don't doubt it," she said. "But that doesn't actually explain why you just tossed breakfast into the world's most expensive toilet."

"I said a bad word," I tried to say, but it was barely audible because I was brushing my teeth at that point.

"You said a bad word?" she clarified, not sure she'd heard me correctly.

I just nodded.

"Are you five?"

"Plus twenty seven."

"What did you say?"

I spit so I could be heard. "You can't get mad."

"I'm always mad," she pointed out. I couldn't argue that. "No deal."

"Okay, you can't voice your anger."

"No deal."

"You can't publicly lynch me?"

She looked as though she was mulling it over, then shook her head. "No deal."

"Fine, I won't tell you then," I said, shutting the water off. "See if I care."

"Okay, fine," she said. "No lynching. The other two are on the table."

"Fair enough."

"Well?"

"I said girlfriend."

"Excuse me?"

"Girlfriend," I said, leaning back against the sink. "I said girlfriend."

She shut the door behind her and stared, mortified, at me. "As in, 'Hey girlfriend, nice dress?'"

"Um, no, as in, 'Hey, surprise, I have a girlfriend.'"

"What?"

I sighed. "It just came out."

"I didn't know you were calling Grace your girlfriend now."

"Yeah, neither did I," I said, dejected. "Why do you think I threw up?"

"I thought you threw up because you just put us in danger of blowing our cover."

"What does me being a lesbian have to do with our cover? Just this morning you requested that I seduce Cora to get information, if you recall."

"Because, Kim. If Shaw and his friends aren't happy, you get the boot. You know how quickly he turns them out. And Shaw's friends are only happy when their little friends are happy."