Chapter 4

"Hey Mitch!" Kirstie yelled as He walked out the door. They had forty minutes off to eat their lunch which meant Mitch had more than enough time to tell Kirstie what happened. "Hey Kirst. Can I ask you som-" Mitch stopped mid sentence as Kirstie began jumping up and down in excitement. "I forgot to tell you! I'm moving into your third period class!! That means we will have every class together!" She said happily. "Awesome Kirstie! That's great, but I can I-" "oh! AND my mom said you can come over tonight so we can do our homework." She said. "Yeah. Okay, cool. So ANYWAY- OOF!" Mitch was interrupted once more but this time it wasn't by Kirstie. "Sup, Grassi. Told you I would find you later." The blonde said with a wink. "Uh hey S-Scott..." Mitch said shyly. Kirstie's jaw dropped. "Uhm.. We need to go.." She said, grabbing Mitch's arm and dragging him away.

"What the heck Mitch?!" Kirstie hissed even though they were far enough away from Scott. "I have no clue! He's in my third period. He got in trouble and was sent to the principal's office. On his way out he called me Grassi just like he did over there! How does he know my name?! Well.. My last name at least..." Kirstie shrugged her shoulders. "Just do me a favor, Mitch. Stay away from him. Okay?" She said. Mitch nodded.

The bell rang and the two began heading to fourth period. "Hey, Kirstie?" "Hm? What's u-AGH!" Mitch looked over to see Kirstie on the ground along with the boy who ran into her. "What the heck? Why did yo.... Woah.." Kirstie said, realizing who had collided with her. "I'm so sorry! Are you okay? I was trying to catch the football and I- gosh... Here, take my jacket. You've got some mud on your shirt." The dark-haired boy offered. "Th-th-thank- I mean... I-" Kirstie stammered. "I'm Avi. Here, let me walk you to your class." "O-Okay." Kirstie said with a nervous grin. They walked off, leaving Mitch alone.

"Yo! Grassi!" Mitch heard from behind. He turned around to see Scott...Again. "What do you want 'Hoying'?" He mimicked. "I see that your friend over there ditched you for that guy." "Y-yeah.. So? Why do you care?" Mitch said, realizing Scott was right. "How about we walk to class together. I think we got off on the wrong foot." The taller boy said with a smile. " Look. I don't know why you are acting so nice to me. I've heard bad things about you." Mitch said, starting to walk faster. "Mitch! Stop! Hold up!" Scott yelled. "Oh look! He does know my name!" There was a slight eye roll. "Please?" Mitch finally gave in and stopped. "Here," the blonde said "This is my phone number. You seem really cool. You should text me. I'm really not that bad once you get to know me." He said with a smirk then ran to catch up with his friends.