Chapter 9

Here I stood, in a busy Starbucks coffee shop ordering ten lattes for my friends and the new idiots that live in my house. Ten. The total was something like thirty two euros, not any trouble to me at all though. I had a thing for lavishing others with expensive gifts and such. Not in a bribing way at all. I despised spending on myself, it made me feel selfish and self-centred.

God this is going to take a while, isn't it? Everything Starbucks makes seems to take ten years. I was nauseous from standing for so long. Sweat was slowly sliding down my back and my hair was sticking to my forehead. Black spot were showing up everywhere until I took a deep breath and shook my head slightly. I was used to this, of course I had to be if it's been happening for years. Just one of the many body issues I had. Got to be thankful that it's not an incurable disease and I wouldn't rot away slowly on my death bed.

A soft bell broke me out of my thoughts and I glanced down at my white iPhone, newest version. I never understood why teenagers always obsessed with the fact that they had technology and social media all the damn time. This generation is a disappointment. Nowadays, the use for technology was only used for pleasure and procrastination. It was only there for distraction.

New Group Chat:

Sidra: another minute and we will lock you in the closest if you don't get our drinks.

Me: why the hell choose Starbucks then , tf your problem hoe ??

Unknown: I'm hungry :(

Milan: we got lattes. why did we get lattes?

Me: who the helk was that ?

Me: hell**

I click a certain button to see who else was in the new chat. Milan, Sidra, Abel, Daniel, and 5 unknowns. Thankfully, I wasn't stupid like others and put two and two together to realize that these were the new idiots that moved to our house.

There were twenty-three texts but I ignored them all. 'Do not disturb' was enabled as my phone blew up with that stupid fucking ring that was slowly bringing a headache. I stared at the roof of the shop with my chair leaning back and my feet up against the table. My mind was left blank as there was nothing to think about but warm drinks and the heated argument me and Daniel had when Abel gave up on getting me to see the better side of the stupid decision he made.

Flashback:

I've been gazing intensely at the TV screen for over an hour, spaced out and in no mood to argue. The wine bottle was gripped in the palm of my hand as I slowly glanced down upon it. This stupid glass bottle was the cause of the argument. I seemed overly attached with the thing, I wasn't an alcoholic. Hell, I was but now I'm far from that. I've moved on, mature and stable and all that shit.

But the fact that this bottle, this bottle that has little to no significance left was caused by the grown men in my living room that I hardly knew made me angry. Angry to the point of numbness, numb to the point where I'm used to feeling nothing but an empty pit of nothingness.

It hurt, barely, but it still hurt. My friends are clueless as to what it's meaning really is, but they should know from the stupid safes and cabinets I would literally lock them in. They should have seen how insecure I was about letting the damn thing out of my sight. I'm oblivious as to how they found it, it was in my room but wasn't necessarily easy to spot.

A harsh slam of my door echoed throughout the oversized room. I jerked my head up to see the silhouette of Daniel in the darkness surrounding my room. It was never a challenge trying to figure who was who. That's what happens when you happen to be born around the same time as your mothers friends kids are.