MDM - Lost At Sea

Phobia (Boyxboy)

I knew I was a freak, I'm weird not stupid - even if I did act like it half the time. It wasn’t normal to be like me, to be afraid of things everyone loves, needs to survive even. I had always been afraid of it for some reason, among other things of course; I would rather die than have to face my fear. Everyone knew it but no one cared though did they? I was just another stupid kid in this stupid foster home. Another stupid kid that had been ‘dumped’ and no one wanted.

But my birthday would come soon, my eighteenth. I would finally be able to escape from this hellish nightmare of reality. Okay, maybe that was a slight exaggeration but I had a reason to complain, I’d been here and lived her for 10 years of my freakish life while you wouldn’t even know the name of this place.

Anyways, back to my complaining – I wouldn’t be surprised if you have left already rather than listening to my sad little life, my ‘friends’ thought I was pretty pathetic too.

As I was saying, remember the little fear I had, it’s called Aquaphobia. I didn’t know what it meant when I was little, just that it was what I had and that I was afraid of the water, so I searched it up and here’s what I found: ‘Aquaphobia is a persistent and abnormal fear of water.’ I was a freak, I was abnormal, even people I don’t know knew so.

So imagine my absolute horror and mortification when they announced that we were all going to go to the beach to celebrate the owner’s son’s birthday, which was turning 18 today. Yep, horrified as hell indeed.

But I didn’t have a choice, even though I was perfectly capable of taking care of myself I was literally forced out of the house because they still thought of me as if I was a child because of how I looked – I would describe myself as cute though!

But you know what the saddest part was? When the typical meathead bullies who knew I was terrified of waster and couldn’t swim thought it would be funny to prank me. With Water.

I was minding my own business lying in the sand under the hot sun and before I knew it I had fallen asleep under the warmth. While I was sleeping they had lifted my scrawny little body up and onto a surf board, and then sent me adrift with the words – faggot written with a marker on my forehead, just another thing they constantly loved to tease me about right?

The wind then picked up and I drifted far, far away from the beach but no one noticed, and no one cared.  You can’t even think about how panicked I was when I realised I was surrounded with the thing I hated the most – water. I screamed at begged for someone to help me but no one could see me from this far away.

I had to survive though, I had to get back somehow and the only way I could think of was to get in the water. I shuddered at the thought as bile rose up in my throat. Could I really do that? I doubt I would survive but I sure as hell aren’t going to make it this way either!

My breathing sped up and I began to panic, my visions blurring slightly every now and then. Got to keep came, got to keep calm! But when the waves suddenly became rougher and my board begun to sway I lost all sense of ‘calm’ and did the most manly thing I could. I fainted.