Just Politics

"Nothing can bring a real sense of security into the home except true love." - Billy Graham.

"This is our city, our home are we allowing these degenerates to take over the safety of our home?"

"NO!" the crowd cheers, followed by mutters of others conversations.

"We need to take the city into our hands, how are we expected to keep our selves safe or children safe if we have criminals watching over us?who's to say they wont turn against us? And what do they want in return for this so called safety? are we to hand our souls over to the demons that the carry themselves. i think not!" Damien proudly bellows to the gathering crowds. His fists perched onto the podium in front of him, his eyes casting over the blur of faces. In that moment he believed he had won over the crowd. Maybe he had just done that.

Felicity scoffs, rolling her eyes over to Diggle. He shakes in head in reply before both stepping out of the crowd and into the town car waiting on the opposite side of the street. As the town car pulled away the sight of Damien Dahrk became impossible to run from as posters scattered the walls and street lights around the city. 

The pair are greeted by a sweat drenched Oliver half way up the salmon ladder, when the clicking of felicity's heals steals his concentration, dropping to his feet Oliver makes his way over to them. John immediately drops into a seat near the computer desk, relieving the tension in his lower back. When he finally reaches her he has taken a towel to his neck dabbing away the sweat beginning to drip down his chest. He smirks pleased with his timing and performance in his workout. Felicity takes the towel wiping away the excesses left on his face before pausing at his lips. Her eyes bounce back up to greet his. Oliver's hand reaches to hers clasping is gently, pulling her steps closer into him. 

"You're all sweaty," she pauses Oliver takes the pause as his cue kissing her softly. Felicity pulls away shyly, coughing in Diggs direction. Oliver smirks pulling her in to kiss her again this time his lips touch the top of head head sweetly before he returns to his workout.

"So Dahrk?" he pushes.

"He talks a lot of crap, but it's crap people are taking notice of Oliver." John states turning to face him.

"he could totally win this thing, i mean -not in a yay go dad kind of way - more oh crap we need to stop him way?" felicity mumbles as she finds her desk opening a video of Damien's press speech. 

Oliver scoffs unable to hide his exasperation. "There has to be another candidate running"

"People are to scared Oliver, no one wants to sign up for a job with a death wish. Not unless you have any desire to suddenly become mayor" Oliver's faces lifts from it's sulk, his eyes enlightened with the idea. "Your not considering it ?"

"What? you as mayor? Oliver you realise you cant just shoot someone with an arrow when they don't agree write you have to use your words to fight with people" felicity exclaims.

"How hard could it be? it's not like i don't have the money?" felicity coughs, "we have the money" he confirms.