Chapter 1: "Ooh, it's getting somewhere now! Goku compliments Bulma!?

"Good morning darling," Ms. Briefs said. "It's really time to wake up now! We've got an appointment today, remember? The Son family invited us over!"

"Screw the Sons… I'm tired… Yamcha… Mmm…"

"What was that, dear?"

"Nothing important, mother… I'll get up asap"

"Good"

Bulma Briefs got out of her bed, rubbed the sleep out of her eyes and looked in the mirror sleepily. 'I should've cleaned my face before I fell asleep… Lipstick everywhere…' Then she splashed some water on her face and chose a dress. She always took her time for important things like that - she had a reputation, you know. Today she wore red, not for any particular reason of course, and besides, she didn't even know whether Yamcha was coming today. Mmm… Yamcha… She wondered if he really meant all those things he said the night before. Maybe he really loved her that much. Maybe…

When she got downstairs, she noticed that arrogant Saiyan Prince sitting at the breakfast table, eating as much pancakes as he could. "One day he'll ruin us," her mum had said. Oh, how she despised of him, always being annoyed, bored, always fancying he was the most important of them all. She should pay him a lesson one day. Maybe Goku knew of something. Vegeta wasn't his ex-arch rival for nothing.

"Bring me more pancakes," he said indifferently.

"Get those yourself"

"Why? You're here to do things for me"

She let out an angry sound and gave him a paralysing look, which may have been effective if she hadn't spilled the treacle on her dress at the same time. He laughed at her.

"Oh, shut up!"

That was IT. Who did he think he was, bossing her around like that? These weren't the Middle Ages! Nor his stinky planet! So much for politeness. She wondered if he ever had a girlfriend. 'Nah. Who would ever want him… Spoiled little kid… Bit of a downer for him, though. Being a prince without even being able to pick someone up…' Wait! Maybe that was the thing he could annoy him with!

"Have you ever been in love, Vegeta?"

"What?!"

"Not that I expect anyone to fall in love with you…"

Who did she think she was, insulting him like that? He'd heard it all. Her talks to Yamcha. Their agreements on what he was like. Fine. He didn't care. He didn't need anyone. No, he had never fell in love with anyone. So what. Why would he. He had other things on his mind. Puppy stuff.

"That's none of your business"

"Oh, Vegeta (she blinked her eyes very tempting)… You're such a jerk" He deserved it. She hated his guts. And she was sure he hated hers.

"There's a barbecue at the Son's today. They invited you over too."

"Hmpf." Maybe he should go. Kakarot ought to be there. He could perhaps challenge him. Find out the truth about becoming a Super Saiyan.

"Well??"

"All right. I'm going. But not to please you."

We interrupt this part, for if you are one of those squealing Get-Together-Fanfic addicts, you're most like very eager to read on. When you read the last line, your heart leaped up, cause you were sure Vegeta did it to please Bulma. Maybe this was a Get-Together-Fanfic after all. As you always interpret everything with a reversed logic. Well, I'm sorry, but this ain't a sign of affection. He hates her. He likes fighting and eating. No more, no less.