Chapter One~A Boy Named Tom

I edited this slightly from it's original version

Jordan wiped his brow with the back of his hand. He hissed when the sweat touched the burn on the back of his hand. He shook his head and trudged down the road. Wood buildings grew from the cobblestone street. People and villagers scrambled around, trading and building and talking. Vendors on the street offered Jordan food and materials. He ignored them and walks until the town thinned until it was a few houses every few meters. Jordan was walking with his head down until he heard yelling from a house.

"But it wasn't my fault!" a young, British voice shrieked. Jordan heard a door open. He whipped around to see a man holding a boy in a suit with.... green skin like a zombie by the collar. The boy was scrambling to get out of his grip.

"Shut up you freak! And stay out!" the man yelled, throwing the boy out into a small puddle on the front yard, slamming the door after. The boy looked up at the door with sad brown eyes before breaking down crying. Jordan rushed over to the boy. He kneeled down next to him and wrapped his arm around his shoulders.

"Hey hey hey. Its okay," he said. The boy wiped his eyes and looked up at Jordan. He sniffed.

"W-who are you?" he said in a shaking voice. He wiped some tears from his eyes.

"I'm Jordan. And you are...?" he asked. The small green boy sniffed again.

"I'm Tom," he said simply. Jordan stood up and reached his hand out. Tom looked at him, confused before grabbing his hand and standing up.

"C'mon. You can't stay out here all night," Jordan said walking down towards his house. Tom hesitated before following him. "By the way, how old are you?" Jordan asked.

"I'm ten and three quarters," Tom said. Jordan chuckled before turning around the corner to his house. He pushed open the old wooden door. He stepped through, motioning for Tom to follow him. Tiny footsteps pattered towards the two boys. A smaller boy ran into Jordan's arms.

"Your back!" the boy squealed. His dark purple wings fluttered slightly. Jordan laughed.

"Yes, Andor, I'm back," he chuckled. Andor looked at Tom and dropped out of Jordan's arms.

"Who's this?" Andor asked.

"I'm Tom," he said, a smile growing on his face. Andor looked at him quizzically.

"Are you a zombie?" Andor asked. Tom smiled.

"Why, yes, I am. GRAGH! RAH! GAGGH!" Tom laughed, making zombie noises and motions causing Andor around the room. Andor laughed as he ran around and his wings chased him to lift off the ground, above Tom.

"Catch me if yo- whoa!" Andor said, is wings growing into stone making him fall to the ground. Jordan reached out his arms and caught his little brother. He set him on the ground. Then Andor's wings returned to their feathery purple color.

"Andor! You need to be more careful!" Jordan scolded. Andor looked sheepishly at his feet. Tom grimaced.

"Come on, Jordan! He didn't know that would happen!" he yelled, defending the small boy. He stepped in between Jordan and Andor.

"Actually, I did.." Andor squeaked from behind Tom. Jordan sighed. He told Andor to head upstairs for bed and that he would be up in a minute. Tom opened his mouth to continue arguing, by Jordan shrugged him off.

"By the way, what happened to your hands?" Tom asked. Jordan looked at his burnt hands. The burns and scrapes had started bleeding. Tom grabbed his hands. Jordan winced. "Oh um sorry,".

"From work," Jordan muttered. "Um, you can sleep on the couch if you want,". Tom nodded and wandered to the couch. Jordan walks upstairs and hears Andor snoring lightly from his room. He smiled a little and walked into his room. He sat on his bed and pulled up his sleeves. Burns and scrapes covered his pale skin. He signed. He pulled some bandages out of a chest next to his bed and wrapped them tightly around his hand. He let out a long breath and rolled over into bed, and fell asleep.

My only thoughts writing this were all about season three. Halp I think I'm obsessed with Mianite. I have a lot of problems...
~Ross