Chapter 34 - Finally became MaNan

Start from the beginning

"Stop crying now enough..or you will again fall sick", he said calmly nudging me with his chest, "And where can I go?? Is there any place on earth that I can go leaving you behind", he confessed softly rubbing my back in consolation.

"Then where were you?? Where is your stuff??", I lifted my head briskly from his chest and charged him with soggy eyes.

"Amm I went to the factory with your Nanu..AURA's consignment was to be dispatched today..you were annoyed so I didn't tell you but Varsha knew I had told her and my phone's battery was dead so I had left it in the car but about my stuff even I don't know...where are they??", he erased the flowing tears with his thumb.

"But Varsha told me that you were hurt and you left me"

"And if I didn't do that how could I have seen this??", Varsha suddenly made her appearance out of thin air and tilted her palm up and down at us. "I knew you guys are egoistic idiots who would just fight but not confess so I had to do this and Manik your stuff is in the other room. I shifted it.. this jhatka was much needed for our Nandu to get her senses back."

I gave a deadly glare at her and she quickly excused herself to vanish before I chose to strangulate her. Manik pulled me with a jerk to make me face him.

"So someone was worried for me", he teased me with a naughty grin.

"I hate you.. you made me cry so much", I nagged while playing with his buttons.

"But I love you Mrs. Nandini Manik Manlhotra because that is only thing that Manik Malhotra can do with you", he held my chin up and looked into my eyes.

That name sounded so perfect as if it had ultimately found its meaning. We were together and that too happily. I looked at his face carefully, his sleep deprived eyes, the lines on his forehead, his dry lips spoke a lot about his condition as well. I raised my hand slowly and caressed his cheek, "Does it hurt??"

Manik's brow cringed in confusion. He couldn't understand what I was talking about.

"Varshu told me..Mom slapped you...I am sorry", I said in an apologetic tone. I brushed his cheeks and kissed them lightly to ease the pain if there was any.

"Amm.. its was actually on this cheek", he turned his other cheek towards me and I kissed that too, "Actually it was quite a forceful slap see there is a cut at the corner of my lips too..see na if you can heal that too.", he proposed innocently.

"Manik!!", I hit his chest playfully as he pulled me to his embrace and I found my smile back.

"I am sorry Nandu for whatever I did.. whatever happened...I swear I will never hurt you and always take care of you and our baby please lets be together."

I knew he meant every word that he said. I never had a doubt regarding his commitment to me. He was protective and possessive about me. But I was too emotionally drained to behave like a matured girl besides being pregnant that too with Mr. Manik Malhotra's baby was a tough job. I had to deal with my share of doubts and insecurities and hence had to nullify them.

"Promise you will never be angry at me and leave me", I demanded cutely.

"Never", he replied with earnest conviction as he grabbed my waist securely.

"Even if it is my mistake you won't leave me...", I know my questions were getting sillier but they were my concerns.

"No", he smiled and nodded

"Even if I irritate you...", I couldn't believe what nonsense I was talking.

"No", he nodded again knowing I had lost it completely.