Conflicted Hearts

"He tried to kill me and Itona. He doesn't deserve to live."

"I had no idea."

Karma leaned up against the tree and stared at K. It was almost unbelievable that Karasuma-sensei would point his gun at a child. Even more unbelievable, that he could point it at his own sister.

"It doesn't matter. On that day eight years ago, Tadaomi Karasuma shot and killed his sister, Sera Karasuma. Now I'm here. The assassin K is here to kill Tadaomi and collect the reward."

"If that's what you want then hurry up and kill me."

Karasuma-sensei emerged from the shadow of the trees and stood promptly in front of K. He looked her in the eyes and stretched his arm toward her. In it was his gun, fully loaded. K glanced at his hand and didn't hesitate to snatch the gun right out of his hand. There was no pause when she pointed it at his face, aimed directly between his eyes.

"One shot and you die, Tadaomi."

"I'm aware."

"It's ironic, this is exactly how it began. The only difference is that I'm the one holding the gun."

"Pull the trigger Sera..."

"That's not my name!"

An unexpected bullet flew past Karasuma-sensei's head and landed in the tree behind him. Karasuma-sensei didn't move, his eyes were locked with K's.

"I never meant to hurt you-"

"You pointed a gun at my face! I was a child, Itona was a child!"

"Itona was an experiment!"

K flinched at the harshness of his words and stepped back. Even Karma, who was observing, felt threatened by the tone of Karasuma-sensei's voice. Unfortunately, they were interrupted by a giant yellow creature flying at Mach speed.

"Hmm? Karasuma-sensei? What are you doing all the way out here in the middle of the forest? You should be teaching the class."

"Koro-sensei, the students are taking a small break while I resolve a few matters."

"Hmm?"

Koro-sensei stared curiously at Karasuma-sensei and K. He continued to glance back and forth at the two, before speaking in his usual joking manner.

"Could this be a lover's quar-"

K thrust an anti Koro-sensei knife at his head before he could finish speaking.

"Don't even finish that sentence you oversized octopus."

"Indeed, I would never think of her as my lover Koro-sensei."

They continued to joke around, completely forgetting about the malicious mood between brother and sister. But even class E knew that the conflict between brother and sister had to eventually be settled.