"I said, the security system people are at the house and they are putting in a new alarm system and-"

Before Celeste can finish, she's interrupted by an officer.

"Celeste Vernon? We need to speak to you, and Mr. Brown. Down at the station, please follow us and we'd be happy to discuss everything from there." He says to us both.

Arriving at the station, Josie remains sleep in Chris' arms and they are taken into questioning.

"So what exactly happened?" The officer says looking over at Celeste.

"Well. My sister arrived at my home and dropped off her niece, randomly. She was all beaten up, bruises and scars, currently we aren't on good terms, so I didn't allow her into my home. However, she didn't leave my property and when we woke up, she held us at gunpoint, then Celeste took her right of self defense." Chris says, Celeste looks at him and rolls her eyes.

"Thank you, but I was asking her." He chuckles.

"Jolly." Chris replies bluntly. "I just told you what happened." He says, knowing that's not even the true story.

"Sorry, I'll explain what happened officer." She mutters and grits her teeth at Chris as he slumps into his seat. It was evident he didn't want to be there at the moment.

"Nevermind now. Alright, thank you and I'll speak with you back in a few days." He says showing them to the door. His palm reaches for Leste's exposed hip from her crop top, and his other arm holds Josie fast asleep. They exit the station and get right into his Range Rover.

"You know you lied." Turning down the radio, she opens up her phone.

"I've lied plenty of times, it's like it's natural. No biggie." Shrugging, he makes his way to the Harbor for a nice seafood dinner.

"That's not something to be calling natural, that's the devil's work." She says opening up her text messages.

"Like you aint never lied." He replies driving relaxed with one hand on the steering wheel.

"Fuck." She blurts, deleting a picture Austin had sent. She knew there had to be some mistake. Her heartbeat increased as Chris side eyes her.

"Fuck wrong with you?" He switches lanes and speeds in front of all of the slower cars.

"Me? Im great. Just fine." Her heart dropped for a moment. She knew Austin liked her.

Austin lays in bed, as he waits for the three bubbles to appear, signaling Celeste was about to reply. But he waited, for hours and hours. Then gave it up. He wished he and his cousin weren't related, because he was seriously growing feelings for Celeste.

He hoped she felt the same way, but only time would tell. Just in time, he received a call from Chris.

"Sup nigga." He slurs pulling his sheets from over top of his face.

"Im bouta come and scoop you, we gotta finish this shit." He says with a bad reception.

"After my lash out at you, you still trying take down these niggas and they business?" Austin laughs for a moment and sits up looking at the time. It was 12 am, on the nose.

"We out here, come on. Me, Leste, Aaron, Kim and Josie. Josie our lookout." He says pulling over his black ski mask.

"Why the fuck is Josie our look out? She's what four? That's fucking stupid." He squints his eyes and looks out the blinds to see him in front of the apartment complex.

"Let's go nigga. We gotta get in and out of this niggas house." He places his phone in Leste's lap and she sighs heavily. She didn't want to to stupid crimes just to fulfill his happiness. His thumb caressed her thigh and she let him, just because she didn't want to cause a scene.