Chapter 8

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Good question. They will walk around and look at your egg. They each have a specialty. Air, water, northern, southern, or whatever. Once they find an egg they like of their specialty, they will stand with you. Any more questions?" No one had any.

"Okay! Go on in!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We all stand there for a minute, not processing that we are allowed to go in. When we realize it, everyone rushes to the door. I get swept up in the current and somehow end up in the room. There are thousands of nests, each with a water trough, food trough and fresh hay bedding. Many of the nests already have an egg or dragon and I see a small stair case, most likely leading to more nests. 

"I forgot, YOU ARE ONLY ALLOWED ON THE FIRST FLOOR!" Hunter yells. Three boys stop midway up the stairs and run down them again. I look around briefly before choosing a spot. It's way in the back but looks bigger than the others. It's near the dragon's exit and the waterfall that has fresh water and fish. 

"TWO MINUTES!" we hear from Hunter. I sit and wait a bit before petting my egg in it's nest. The egg is getting warmer and I start thinking about what my dragon will look like when it's hatched. 

I'm shocked out of my thoughts when a door is clicked open. I jolt up and watch as a white door, near the waterfall is opened. 

"TRAINEES!" Hunter bellows "THE ATTENDANTS ARE COMING OUT! STAND BY YOUR EGG AND NEST!" The door opens fully and about 50 white, coated adults step out. Only one of them is male. None of them notice me as they look around the nests. Most stop immediately at their chosen eggs. The one male looks back at the door before seeing me. He does a double take before running to Hunter. He talks to Hunter and points in my direction. Hunter laughs and nods his head. By then, a crowd of attendants has formed and they all turn in my direction. I give them a weak smile but glare at the man. He smirks and walks over to me after dismissing the others to find their eggs. He reaches me and I realize he is very handsome. He has light brown, almost blonde, hair with light blue eyes and a muscular frame. He smiles at me and looks at my egg. 

"Ah, I see you found it." his voice is deep and masculine, yet also light and joking. 

"What?" I am confused "What did I find?" 

"You found the queen."

"The what?"

"The queen. One of the only female dragons." He reaches his hand out. "Anyway, I'm Fox." 

"Like the animal?" At this he smiles.

"Yeah."

"Cool. I'm Zircon."

"Like the stone?" 

"Touche." I smile. "Any way, what is your specialty?"

"I specialize in unique cases."

"Such as?"

"Hybrid dragons and muli-colored eggs."

"So, like my egg?"

"Precisely! We have reason to believe that your egg is special indeed. It takes a strong rider to successfully ride a dragon from a multi-colored egg."

"Oh. Okay. What now?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello my fellow Ozians!

Sorry , my school just did a preformance of The Wizard Of Oz. It was awesome.

Any who, 

Sorry for the long wait. My mom went to Europe for work and I had a bunch of homework and stuff. I'll try to update it to at least Chapter 10 by Monday. 

Thanks,

101silver_wolf

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------