Hope.

Drawing my hand back and pulling the tips of my fingers into the palm of my hand, I watch the flame go out. Pushing my hand forward and extending my fingers, I watch the flames of the 18 candles flicker back to life. Out of pure boredom I repeat this another five times before feeling someone place their hands on my shoulders and place a kiss on the top of my head. "Happy Birthday, Hope." Standing up I turn around and hug them. "Thanks Dad." Releasing me from the hug he pulls out a petite white box with a silk red ribbon wrapped around it in a bow. "If you don't like it then you can always go and exchange it, I mean no one's going to say no to my beautiful, fierce little girl." Knowing he's right I give a small chuckle and begin to untie the ribbon. Lifting the lid, the most beautiful, silver necklace with a magnificent wolf charm hanging from it. "Dad it's perfect. Thank you." I pass it him to help me put it on, he accepts it and puts it around my neck as I sweep my wavy hair to the side. "Only the best for my little wolf." He fastens the clasp as my Uncle Elijah enters to room. "Uncle Elijah." Immediately I smile and walk up to hug him. "Happy Birthday Hope." He replies as he wraps his arms around me. "Thank you." "Are you ready to go?" Before I even answered, as usual my loving but overprotective father interrupts. "And just where are you taking my daughter, brother?" We both turn to him in disbelief knowing the obvious answer should already be clear. "Down to the bijoux dad. We're going to see mum." "No. I don't think you are." My temper is a lot like my dear father's. Short. Fierce. And easily lost. "And why not? I'm 18 now, it's my birthday and she's my mother. Thanks to you I already only get to see her once a month as it is." I pick up my jacket and fling it around my shoulders. "We're going." Taking large strides, determined to reach the door, the inevitable happened. Faster than the speed of light, he appeared before me. "It may be your birthday Hope but you will remember I'm still your dad so you will treat me with respect." "And where's my respect dad? You should respect that a girl needs her mum." That sly smirk grazed his lips and he placed both hands on my shoulders. "Believe it or not Hope, I do. You can come in now!" My eyebrows fused together in confusion but soon raised with delight at the sight of my mother rounding the corner and entering the room at high speed. "Mum!" Before she has the chance to reply, I run into her embrace. "Happy birthday my beautiful girl." "Thanks mum. Where's Jackson?" Jackson's my stepfather and the alpha of their werewolf pack along with my mum- the Crescent Wolves. "Jackson is just picking up your present, I clearly didn't have enough time to do so myself." Her eyes move up to glare at my dad who as always has a smug look on his face- it was my dad who put a curse on my mums pack, now she's only human once a month on a full moon...sort of like the original curse but reversed. He said he did it because she trued taking me away from him-there's probably more to it but no way is my dad telling me any time soon. "Be careful Haley, you're lucky I'm letting Jackson in." My mum was about to retaliate, "Enough. Both of you. It's Hope's birthday so tonight just drop it." The wise words of Aunt Rebekah. Smiling with gratefulness I walk up and hug her too. I've always been close with my Aunt Rebekah, she was the one who looked after me the first few months of my life...that's a long story. "Happy birthday darling." "Sorry we're late!" Uncle Kol and Davina. I love Uncle Kol, he's just as mischievous as my dad but far less dangerous. He's my partner in crime, he was against my father once and even though he changed sides, he still died. Davina and Aunt Rebekah managed to bring him back though and I'm glad too. "From us both." They both passed me a huge spell book. "We thought the most powerful witch could do with a spell book." Davina's a witch and before my family were vampire's, so were they and Uncle Kol never stopped his love for it. "Thank you, I love it." I brush my finger down the spine of the book before Jackson finally entered. "Hey, Happy Birthday Hope." He had a small box in his hand which he passed to my mum before she walked over to me but instead of handing it me she took my hand and lead me out of the room. "Where are you going?" "Just into the next room. I'm allowed some alone time with OUR daughter Klaus." I shot him a glare which let him know to leave it there. We sat down on the sofa and Jackson walked in and sat down so that i was in the middle of them. Finally, she handed me the box. I opened it and it revealed another necklace only this one was a stunning, silver crescent moon. "Wow." "You like it?" My mum had hopeful eyes. I raised the charm to the other already around my neck and enclosed them in my palm and closed my eyes before fusing them together with my magic. This way i didn't have to take any of them off. "I love it." This time Jackson spoke. "Good. Because even though we only get to see you once a month, we're always watching and looking out for you Hope because you are a part of our pack." "You are a crescent wolf Hope. You might be a witch and a Vampire also but you're a wolf too. And now you're 18 even your dad can't stop you visiting us now, you can maybe come running with the pack a few times a week?" "I'd love to!" They both laughed at my eagerness before enclosing me in a warm group hug. "Hate to break up a touching moment but time for cake!" I swear my dad is everywhere.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Okay, so i thought I'd try and write a fanfic. I know this first chapter may be a little boring but I promise it'll get better, hopefully someone is reading this and if you are, thank you!:)