Chapter 1

~-~- hello this is the author and yeah this is my first story soooo hope you enjoy ? -~-~

     Birdie woke up to the sound of the front door slamming open and then shutting again. She checked her phone and squinted, trying to shield her eyes from the brightness. It was 3:32 AM. Groaning, Birdie went downstairs to check who it was, even though she already knew. Her mom was leaning on a chair and about to pass out. 

     " Mom, go upstairs. You have work tomorrow. "

     Birdie's mom climbed upstairs and eventually got into her room. She always did this, Birdie thought. And she was getting tired of it.

     Later that night she fell asleep again. Her head made up the most crazy dream that scared her awake the next morning.

     Birdie was upstairs in her room, feeling adventurous. She wandered to her window, peering out of it. Her eyes lit up as she saw a huge tree, about 5 feet away. If Birdie fell, she would go for about 45 feet and crash into the vibrant green grass. At ground level, there were beautiful flowers, a tire swing, and deer. She laughed and took a leap. Birdie felt invincible and free like a bird, until she wasn't. She missed the nearest branch by 3 inches and was rapidly darting toward the ground. Just as she was about to hit the floor, her body shook and woke up.

     She rose, immediately checking her phone. It was a habit. Thirty more minutes until school started. Birdie groaned, getting up to brush her teeth. Currently, she was a senior at Crosswell High School. She combed her tangled, purple hair and winced in pain when the comb sorted her hair. She put on grey sweatpants and a school spirit sweatshirt. It was green, and the sleeves were white. In the middle was a lime green penguin. True, it was ugly, but that was the only thing she had. Right then was she regretting the time when she was too lazy to do the laundry. Birdie checked on her mom right before she left. Her mom was sleeping, and probably not planning to show up to her work. 

     Birdie jogged to school, which was half a mile away. When she finally got there after 5 minutes, her friend Cali greeted her. They walked to their first class together. Birdie and her friend group weren't really well known, but people thought they were decent. They weren't like the drug dealing emos, and definitely weren't like the sporty type. They were just okay. Sometimes they attended parties, but not usually. 

     " So, Birdie, are you gonna go to that party this weekend? Even those emos are going. "

     She was not really planning to go, but she nodded yes anyways. Cali was liked more than the rest of the group and was pretty, her curly blond hair bouncing and her skirt always the right length. Even though they were so different, Birdie and Cali were the best of friends. They've known each other since grade school. The party was tomorrow and Birdie didn't really feel like babysitting her mom all weekend so she finally agreed to go. What was the worst that could happen?

~-~- yaaaas first chapter done ( ^ u ^ ) -~-~-