Mornings

As the morning light filtered through the thin white curtains, Dean groggily opened an eye, only to shut it a moment later. After adjusting to the blinding brightness, he rolled over and found Castiel curled up in the bed next to him, his hair adorably messed up and his nose slightly scrunched. As his heart warmed, Dean leant over and gently shook Castiel awake. How did Cas look so amazing this early in the morning? The light was hitting him in just the right way, illuminating all the right features and drawing attention to his slightly rumpled appearance. Castiel warily opened an eye, the suspicion draining out of him as he recognised the man leaning over him.

'Good morning Dean.' Castiel said, sleep slightly husking his voice.

'Hi Cas.' Dean replied with a soft, loving smile brightening his face.

As the two men gazed into each other's eyes, they heard a hesitant knock come from the bedroom door.

'Cas? Dean? If you're awake, I've got breakfast ready.' Sam called out, his voice slightly muffled.

'Go away Sam!' Dean called, not taking his attention away from Cas' crystalline blue eyes.

'I've got bacon!' Sam replied alluringly, and at the sound of bacon, Dean instantly perked up. He leapt out of bed, pulling the covers with him, and dashed towards the door, only pausing to check that Castiel was joining him. He yanked open the door and sat himself down at the table, a knife and fork in his hands, expectantly waiting for his meal. 

He looked over at his bedroom and saw Cas stretching, his shirt riding up his stomach and exposing a sliver of golden skin. Dean stared at Castiel, so angelic in his over-sized band shirt and low-riding tracksuit pants, and smiled. He barely noticed the steaming breakfast that had been placed in front of him, instead choosing to continue gazing at his boyfriend. Castiel looked at Dean with a confused but happy expression before joining him at the table.

Staring at the now empty plate in front of him with a hand on his stomach, Dean looked at Castiel's satisfied smile and laughed.

'Are you impressed with my portion size Dean? I can almost eat as much as you now.'

'It is quite impressive, I'll admit.' Dean replied, knowing that Cas would now be happy with himself for the whole day. They picked up their empty plates and put them in the dishwasher before returning to their bedroom and burying themselves under the rumpled sheets.

Dean looked at Cas and smiled, a small, soft smile that conveyed the deep love he felt for the other boy. As Cas curled up against the arm wrapped around him and lay against Dean's chest, his eyes illuminated with pure joy. He was happy, and in love, and his life had never been so perfect; he'd never been so content. Cas and Dean looked into each other's eyes once more and sat there for hours, lying in bed.