Goodbye

JUDES POV

There was no way to change what was about to happen. The rest of the week had gone by and he we sat. Connor had his bags at the bottom of the stairs. We had sat it silence all day just hoping something would magically make this situation better.

"So?" He asked.

"So." I said, I guess as an answer.

He didnt say anything back he just scooted himself closer to me so his shoulder was touching mine. He started me dead in the eyes.

"Conn-"

Before I could get the first word of my sentence out he grabbed the back of my neck and pulled me closer to him. Without hesitation he kissed me. After 5 good minutes of soft, life fulled, making out we released.

"Jude I dont want to go"

"I dont want you to go"

"So how do we stop this?" He asked me.

I quickly tried to make uo a plan that would somehow make everything okay, but it just wasn't possible.

"...We don't." I finally answered.

"We dont?"

"Connor there's nothing that we could possibly do."

Connor just stared at me for a while with a cold hard look.

"...I know" he answered.

Later that day we loaded his things into the car, taking all the time in the world.

Connor pulled me in tight like before.

"I love you" he whispered softly.

"I love you too" I told him back.

Finally we let go. That was the last hug I'd ever get from Connor Stevens, and the last face to face conversation, at least for a while.

Connor hesitated but pulled himself up into the car. He didnt take his eyes off of me, nor did I.
Finally he shut the door behind him.
The car's engine turned on and slowly the car pulled away.

That was it, different reality, same old nightmare.
There was no turning back.