I nodded, grabbing my jacket.

"OK, dad."

I left, going to school. I knew he wasn't pleased about the party, but I'd promised Angela that I'd go. Angela picked me, seeing as there was a problem with my truck.

"So, is your dad OK with the party?"

I shrugged as Angela and I walked to chemistry. We stopped outside, and I leaned against the wall.

"Well, he's not completely happy with it. But, I think the fact that you're going is the only reason he's letting me go."

Alice walked by, smiling at us. Angela smiled at her.

"Hey, Ms. Brandon."

"Hey, Angela."

I walked into class, and took out my stuff. I was getting better at this stuff. I started writing the notes, and noticed she was watching me. I smiled at her, and one of the guys went up with a question. There's that nervous twitch again. She answered his question and he walked away. She looked at me, like she was looking for reassurance. The class ended and everyone left. I grabbed my hoodie, pulling it on. I grabbed my book, putting them back in my bag.

"Bella, can I talk to you about something please?"

I looked up from my book, and nodded.

"OK, Ms. Brandon."

Everyone left, and I walked up to her desk.

"Is everything OK?"

She stood up, looking at me.

"Everything's fine. You seem distracted today, are you OK?"

I had been watching her closely, after I noticed her nervous behaviour.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"You seem pretty distracted to me. Come on."

The school was empty by now, so there was no danger of anyone seeing us. She led me out to her car. A canary yellow porsche. She noticed me looking and smiled.

"Come on, say it."

I shook my head. I liked it, but yellow? Really?

"No, I like it. But, yellow?"

That made her laugh.

"Yes, yellow. Come on."

We went back to her apartment, and I texted Angela with the address (after asking Alice first) and to cover for me. I'd never been over before and was interested in seeing it. We walked to her apartment, and she opened the door. I followed her in, and i took off my hoodie. She took of her jacket, and got us a drink, leading us over to her sofa. She had a corner unit, and she looked at me, waiting for me to sit next to her. I walked over sitting next to her.

"Now, why are you so distracted? I noticed you watching me while you were working."

I blushed, thinking about that.

"I was just thinking."

"About?"

I looked at her, not answering her. She shook her head, smiling.

"Yeah, is it the party that's bothering you? You don't want to go?"

"It's not that I don't want to go. I just don't want to run into Mitch, that's all. Angela promised to stay close to me and Eric, her boyfriend, is going to keep an eye out for him."

There's that nervous twitch again. That's the second time today.

"Sorry."

I looked at her, confused. I didn't understand why she was apologising. I was the one ranting.