Chapter 5: Just a little closer than usual. Part 1

Hey! i'm already writing this chapter. I was super bored so yea :/ but i'm so glad that the last chapter was 5 pages long! XO anyways, Copa America today! Anyone? haha okaii well enjoy,

and as always COMMENT! ;)

~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~**

                                            Chapter 5: Just a little closer than usual.

It was a surprise to find out that James and Helen were together now, and I'm proud for them. Brooke though is still as disappointed as ever  to hear that A.) Helen didn't trust us anymore, and B.) Helen got a boyfriend before she did. 

We came to school the following week after Helen spilled the news. 

"You sure you're okay?" Nico asked, for probably the 5th time today. And we were in homeroom.

I just giggled, reassuring him that I was fine. Which was of course a lie. I didn't feel well nor did Brooke. 

"You'll be fine! It's not like you guys suffered any serious damage, pumpkin." My dad had said after I protested that we certainly weren't ready to go back to school.

"Anyways, you guys have homework and studying to do so make sure you catch up." He whispered. His dark chestnutty hair wrapped around his hands after he smoothes it backwards. My dad didn't have long hair but it wasn't short either. He had this tannish skin that made you think twice whether he was tanning or if he was just naturally like that.

Nico though, didn't seemed convince just like my dad. "I can take you to the nurse you know." He said leaning closer as if this was the biggest secret he had revealed. But I shrugged. "It's not that bad Nico, I can handle myself."

I heard him mutter something else but I couldn't get the words right. This was something my dad did most of the time he talks to someone when he's insulting them so i'm guessing Nico had slipped out some words. I rather not know what he said.

After homeroom and 1st period all together, Mrs. Barrette was my cooking teacher, so I was glad I wasn't going to be in a grumpy mood in the morning.

She dismissed us. And trust me I was first out the door. The last were Brooke and Andrew. Which i had absolutely not idea what he was doing in this class. She started to lean in, and laugh like she always does before she pops the question. "Wanna get out of this place?" But don't worry it wasn't anything sexual related. It is sooner explained to be more of a date in Starbucks or something. 

She says something, (i'm guessing the big question) and he shrugs and shook his head. Then he says something that sounds like "I'm not interested in younger girls like you."

I for one, was certainly surprised that 1.) Brooke had been rejected for the first time since I can remember. And 2.) Andrew seemed really interested in her on the first day of school morning. And finally 3.) They were only one year apart. What's the difference?

Brooke, as you can tell, was surprised too. She just starts laughing and pulls away, scratching her head and trying to flip her hair to be more of an interest rather than a younger girl. She was obviously nervous. I could tell she looked at me for a split second before turning back and saying "Um, maybe some other time? I mean we could just-" But before she could say anything else he says "No." in a stern voice and walks away. Brooke just stands there ready to burst into tears. Then Adam comes and says something, i'm guessing it's supposed to be a joke because he was laughing.

"Not funny asshole!" you could hear her say loud and clear. Then she walks rapidly to the girls room and of course, I follow.

"Brooke..." My whisper sounded so faint, I didn't think she would hear me.