Prologue

The Awakening

Prologue

The ground crunched with old autumn leaves as I ran to the clashing, snarling sounds coming from below the old church. As I sprinted, the fresh air I inhaled turned to blood and rotting flesh.

"I would run if I were you, idiot," An English accented, malicious laugh fills my ears as I sprinted down the cobble stone steps.

"Why, so we can play Tag? Sure, you're it!" A guy with black hair and a very handsome face smashed into me as he made an attempt to run, he held a container of sorts, or a flask filled with red liquid. blood. His features dropped, the fear settling on his face.

"Veo," I muttered, releasing the power within me and shadowing it onto the two blood suckers.

He clutched his head in agony, yelling and cringing, dropping to the ground. He lost possession of the red liquid. I scrambled to pick it up, quickly putting it under a cloaking spell.

"Damn it, Annalise!" Zachary yelled, clutching his head at my feet on the steps.

"What is going on!" I yell, pushing Zach down the stairs.

A grey skinned figure walked out of the shadows, black veins covering his face and arms, a knife in his chest cavity, blackness seeping through the white shirt. His eyes shone with an evil glimmer as they turned black. His eyes were ringed with purple and black as if he has not slept for years. Veins protruded from his hands and his fingers were scarilly thin. He has been deprived of blood for at least a few hundred years. His voice came out low and slow, "Oh, look, it's my best friend, Annalise." A small shiver ran down my spine and goosebumps grew, my heart pounding in my chest, thumping against my rib cage.

"Veo," I growled.

Within seconds, he was on the ground cradling his head with his long, rotten fingers.

I stop ruining blood vessels in Zach's head and let him relax slightly. Behind Zach, standing at the foot of the black, soot covered stairs was a man that I made sure wouldn't escape, and this idiot let him go.

"What the hell do you think you are doing?" I growled, staring at Zach who was now recovered from the colossal headache and was ready to rip Michael's head off.

"A little witch is not going to stop me from killing this bastard," Zach growled.

Out of reflex, and maybe a little for fun, I forced them into a statue like faze where they could only speak.

"Oh my, God." I muttered. "Are you stupid? You have just awoken the Original Vampire. You know how bad this is, you know how much shit you're in? I may as well let him kill you, I mean, you kind of deserve it." I remarked, putting my hand on Zach's shoulder. A growl erupted from his stomach. A laugh escaped my lips, "Oh my, I am so afraid!" I mocked, pretending to be scared out of my wits.

"Oh poor little guy. Do you even know who this is?" Michael's smooth, English voice chuckled from the depths, in the shadows. "This is Annalise Winter, the Witch that will put you in a box for a hundred years and never let you, although an idiot like you decided to use that ancient relic with out knowing the price. Therefore, actually wait - be thankful for idiots like you! It means I'm free." He laughed, an evil sound that was like honey, so smooth and sexy.

"By the way, You have been imprisoned for about five hundred years," I shrugged like it was no big deal.

"I have known her since I moved to Raven Wood, okay, I know who she is," Zack growled.

"Then your ego is obviously compensating for the thing you do not have because that's one big ego, Mate." I snickered at Michael's comment.

Folding my arms, I looked at Michael in his old, moth eaten clothing and skin. The tunic and tights, it made me shudder. "You know I can't let you leave this abandonment. I'm going to have to put you back, my friend." I shrugged. "No hard feelings,"

"You will not do such a thing!" He roared, struggling to move.

"You're doing my head in," I groaned,

"You're such a vindictive twat, Annalise!" He growled, his fangs erupting from his teeth, en longing, they sparkled in the moonlight.

"Get back in your coffin," I flicked my hand to the coffin, he was instantly swung into the wooden coffin, his eyes wide, he yelled and screamed for me to stop, aggressively snapping with his teeth like an animal. I blew on my nails like the bitch I am, it's just so easy.

"I mean it! Annalise please, I will change!" Panic started to show, his eyes wide, his breaths short and weak.

"Oh please, change? The definition of change is something you will never know." I cackled like a real witch, flicking my fingers and closing the lid with him yelling. I glanced back at Zach, his eyes wide in fright.

"Sorry, Michael, but you're no longer welcome in this world, have fun in there," I blew his coffin a kiss, shutting it with an enchantment. I grinned and Zach, "If you're not careful, this will happen to you, okay?"

He gulped, "Please just let me go, Anna," He was shaking. A vampire? Shaking? I thought I may never see the day.

"I'm only doing this for Charlotte." I growled, "If you pull a stunt like that again, I will do the very thing I have been dying to do for a long time,"

I released him from his statue like form and he instantly vanished, running as far away from me as possible.

I pushed down on Michael's confinements and made sure it was locked, before I walked up the rocky stairs, my heals leaving a clicking sound reverberating off walls of the concrete basement of the burned down church. Michael's muffled voice was heard struggling, banging on the wooden coffin.

"Oh give it a rest, Michael," I sat on the cool stone, taking pleasure in the screams and grunts coming from the darkness, "You will never be welcomed back into this world, especially looking like you got hit by a car." 

I walked away slowly and in the distance I heard him scream, "What the hell is a car!"