Chapter thirteen

Meghan's POV
I ran out of the hotel room. Tears ran down my cheeks, and fell on my coat. My high heels clicked when I ran.
"Why?" I would mutter once in awhile.
I finally made it to Mikaela's house. I opened the door and collapsed on the couch.
"Meg!" Mikaela yelled, helping me up.
I looked over to see Ryan, and he was shirtless. I ignored it cause my mind was already filled, and I had not even the tiny eat bit of room for another thought or question.
"What are you doing?" She asked, concern in her eyes.
"Char- Charlie. He took care of me when he found me on the road, and- he's with Emmy- she betrayed- me." I sobbed, barely making the words clear.
"What? Charlie didn't tell me he even got a girlfriend!"
I kept on sobbing. Ryan went in the other room, knowing he shouldn't interfere.
"Mikaela, I'm not going to recover from this." I uttered.
"Meghan, I'm not going to give up trying to fix this till you recover."
Mikaela's POV
I tried to comfort Meghan, but nothing would work.
"Meghan, you stay here."
She nodded and kept crying.
I thought of a plan that'll stop all of this. I need to sabotage Emmy. I know, that's not something I would do. But Charlie's forgetting. It wasn't Meghan's fault that she lost him, but it was his fault.
I drove to his apartment. Meghan said really not to barge in, but to come through the window. And I was like, "he's like forty feet up." Then, Meghan pointed to my dad's latter.
I hoisted the latter out of the truck, and carried it to the lobby. I was dressed up as a window cleaner/janitor kind of look. My plan was to tell the manager that I was the window cleaner I'm cleaning the fortieth floor. I walked into the lobby.
"Um, I'm the window cleaner." I said in my best man voice.
"Right, what's your name?" The manager said, while ready to type my name into the computer.
"Ummm- Eric Johnson?"
"You sound like you don't know your name."
"I do I just- have um, Parkinson's disease." I said.
I didn't feel good lying to this manager. I was about to give up on this plan for sure.
"Go and clean the window." The manager said, looking suspiciously at me. Bob will help you, he's outside."
I nodded and walked out of the lobby, and stood underneath the fortieth floor.
"there you are! I've been looking for you!" A person said while walking towards me, who seemed to be bob.
"Oh-um-hi."
"Why are you waiting there? We're cleaning the section to the left."
Bob led me to the left section.
"Um-okay. Um so how do you do this?"
"Aren't you trained?"
"Um, just need a reminder since I have Parkinson's."
"Hmm, well here's a reminder. Don't fall. And use the Clorox, not the plus Clorox, there you go."
I nodded and stepped onto the platform.
"READY! STEADY! GO!" Bob yelled, then let go of the rope.
The platform rose high, faster than I expected it to be.
"DON'T LOOK DOWN!" Bob yelled.
I looked down. I was about a hundred feet already.
"How tall even is this building!" I said to myself.
I couldn't go into the apartment right away, I had to clean a window first so bob thinks I'm doing it right, then he'll leave.
I picked up the Clorox, and the rag. I got the Clorox and began to pour it on the huge rag. From the weight of this thing, it all spilled out and the bottle fell. I heard a "WHERE THE FUCK DID THAT CLOROX BOTTLE COME FROM!"
"Sorry." I uttered.
I kept cleaning the window. The window was drenched with Clorox since I spilled all of it on the rag. I decided it was time to head over to the right section. I didn't know how to move this thing, so I had to be careful. I saw the dangling rope on the bottom of the platform.
"Remember me, Meghan." I said as I took a deep breath.
I put a foot out of the platform gate, and looked down. If I fell, it would be the end unless superman was my boyfriend.
I put the other leg out and sat on the edge. I wasn't very good a gripping when I was nervous, so this might be my death day. I turned my body and held on to the edge of the platform so u didn't fall. I took one hand off and held with my other. I took my loose hand and reached it out, trying to grab the rope. I took a huge risk by doing this. I used my gripping hand and let go so I would land on the last bar of the railing. I felt an urge of fear as I did it. My hand was so close to grabbing it. Suddenly, I felt my gripping hand coming loose. I had to get this rope.
Come on, Mikaela. You can do this without falling and killing yourself.
I just had to reach a bit further, then I would get it. My hand was about to loose its grip. I reached out and finally got the rope with my finger. I took the rope with me as I held on with my loose hand again. I climbed over the railing and held the rope with me. I sat down and looked at my hands. Full of calluses. I took deep breaths and cried tears of joy. I gripped the rope and swung it to the right. The platform moved to the right. I was finally at the fortieth floor. I could refinish Charlie's apartment. It was right in front of me. I stood up on the railing once again and held on to the side of the window to Charlie's apartment. The blinds were closed, but I could still recognize it. I put a foot on the sill.
I felt a sudden crack. I looked down and saw the rope letting loose. The platform was about to become unhooked and fall.
This is your chance. Now or never Mikaela.
I put two feet on the sill and I was on the window. The platform fell. I watched as I plunged down and landed on the sidewalk.
"Hope nobody got hurt." I said to myself.
I had a cleaner thing with me still in my pocket, and I used it to brake open the window. I entered the room. And I saw my brother half naked with Emmy half naked. That was a horrific sight for me, since I was his brother.
"THE FUCK!" I yelled.
Meghan was right, he's a cheater. And he's with Emmy who betrayed her.
"Wowow! Sis calm down." Charlie said while walking towards me.
"Meghan said that you were a betrayer just like Emmy! Now I realize your an idiot too! Meghan's been through so much! And you made everything worse!" I yelled at the top of my lungs.
"SHUT THE HELL UP MIKAELA!  HE CAN MAKE HIS OWN CHOICES!" Emmy shouted.
"Emmy's right, Mikaela. I can make my own choices."
"CHARLIE! YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT MEGHAN HAS BEEN DOING SINCE YOU BETRAYED HER!" I yelled.
"Get out Mikaela. Your not allowed in here anymore." Charlie said while hugging Emmy.
"your making a bad choice, Charlie. Suffer all the consequences that this choice will lead to you."
I barges out of the room and slammed the door behind me.
I leaned up against the wall and slid down it. I sobbed. I don't want this to happen anymore.

He's not my brother anymore.
----------------------
Hey guys!
I haven't really wrote a long chapter like this one in a long time! Hope you enjoyed the update, too. Don't worry in a chapter everything's gonna get better. Love you all! 😘😊
Xoxo Delaney