7. A Step Further

Jackson's POV:

"You know why I called you this early right?" JYP ask as I take a seat. Obviously I know.. Its about my illness.
"Ne."
"We'll get you some prescriptions and I have some news." He say seriously. I respect PD-nim a whole lot so I take him and his words seriously. I nod at him telling him he could continue.
"I have a friend in Cali that works in a very high level hospital and yesterday I had a talk with him.. About you.." I can sense where this is going. I'm not sure if i'll like it. "We came up with a decision that you'll be send there for your treatment and such, so with that we'll send you there next week." He finish with a sigh.
My chest was tightly squeezed and my heart just drop after hearing the news. "I understand."
"I'm sorry.. No one's allow to know this, not even GOT7 members. At least for now they're not suppose to know." What about Mark..? He'll be crushed.
Emotionally killed...stabbed in the heart, in all the wrong places Unless...

"Where'd you go so early in the morning? Are you feeling any better?" Mark asked the moment I step through the door.
"I'm feeling fine, PD-nim just wanted to discuss work before he went somewhere?" I tried to avoid eye contact, but this could be the last time I'll ever see his deep brown eyes again. I hate to lie to him like this, but it's for the best.
"Why couldn't he just call you? What did you guys talk about that was so important that you had to wake up so early for; when you should be resting in bed?" I sighed as I toed off my shoes.
"Don't worry about it, okay? I'm heading to bed any way." I padded across the living room . I heard his footsteps behind me. I knew this wasn't gonna be the end. "What?" I asked, stopping midway.
"Nothing, I'm just going to our room." He deadpanned.
I let out a huff and continued walking. I nearly closed the door, but then realized Mark was trailing behind me. I sighed as I plopped on the bed. Sudden heat flushes through my skin as I soaked into the covers. I discard my shirt,socks, and my snap back. I laid back hoping I would cool off. Though, it was extremely impossible to relax and collect myself when there's a pair of eyes burning into my skin. Huffing once more, Mark started to interrogate me again.
"You're hiding something from me." Mark crossed his arms, standing in front of me. The temptation to just pull him close to my chest was unbearable. Whisper sweet nothings...remedies...but I can't. Tell him how much he means to me, but I cant. Hold him in my arms until we fall asleep, but... I cant.
"I'm just tired, Mark" I took a deep breath only to reveal mild strings of coughs. Holding back emotions that surfaced to my chest... to my heart. Was nearly impossible. I closed my eyes praying he'll let this conversation go. I just can't take it. Knowing...just knowing the outcome.
"What's going on, Jackson?" Mark was a lot closer than before.
"I'm just stressed out, really. Now just please stop worrying about me, okay?" I say. Trying to soothe out my words so it don't seem harsh. I see him thinking long and hard about whatever's going on in his head. The slight frown on his face didn't go unnoticed. God, I hate this. I hate the lying. I hate the hiding. I hate the secrets. I hate everything about this diseases, illness, sickness, problem, issue...everything. I don't get it when people say 'It's gonna hurt you more than it hurts you'. Because clearly, this is going to fucking devastate Mark. I can't even began to think how emotional Mark will be.
It'll be like a bullet to the heart. Though the worst pain is no pain. Just...numb.
"You know, it's not that simple to just 'stop worrying' when I obviously care so much about you. Whether you want me to or not, I always will." I saw the tears swell in his eyes, but didn't dare to fall. I gesture him to sit next to me. Without hesitation he sat. Before I knew it I let it all go. Choked up sob left my mouth as I held Mark close to me. It was mixture of cries and coughs. It was plain ugly, but I didn't care. I reached over to put my mask on, so Mark wouldn't catch my germs. I felt the streaks of tears slide down my shoulder. The sound of his quiet cries and sniffles made me feel even more helpless.
Distance...
Is all that ran through my head. If I was to distance myself from Mark. This...this is what will happen.
°•°•°•°•°•°
(╥_╥)
The feels
A really big shout out to xxQueeny who basically wrote this entire chapter. I love you hubby~ ( ˘ ³˘) I give all the credits to Queeny on this one. She's truly talented when it comes to writing although she takes forever to update. Nonetheless I hope y'all enjoy this chapter.
Till next time!!