XVIII

Warning: Emotional Chapter....You have been warned.
:pListen to song at top while reading. If ya can't see it just swipe the picture over.

Teresa was awoken from her nap by a knock on her front door. She looked at her phone and saw 4:00pm on the screen. It wasn't like her to sleep during the day. She got up off the couch and made her towards the front door. She opened it and saw her boyfriend standing outside.

"When were you going to tell me?" He came barging in.
"Who told you?" Teresa asked him.
"It doesn't matter who. When were you going to tell me?" He repeated himself.
"I swear I was going to tell you. But then I felt sick and fell asleep on the couch", she told him.
"Why does Minho know? Why did you tell him before me?" He asked her.
"I didn't. No one knows. Just me and my family. I don't know how he found out", she explained.

Thomas sat down on her couch and put his hands on his head.

"I can't believe it", he sighed. Teresa sat beside him and moved his hands from his face.
"Trust me. I don't wanna go. When I first moved here I didn't want any distractions. I didn't want to get attached to someone and then have to leave. But then I bumped into you and things changed. Trust me, if I could change my dads mind I would. But it's not that easy", she said.
"But can't he just wait until after you graduate?" Thomas asked her. "You'll be in college so it'd be your choice".
"I've tried Tom. Trust me I've tried. I don't know if I'll be able to handle a long distance relationship", she told him. "I'm sorry Tom".
"What are you trying to say?" He asked her.
"I think it's best if we go our separate ways. I can't handle the stress of a long distance relationship. I love you Tom", she gave him a small kiss on the lips and a tear escaped his eye. He nodded and left her house. When the door closed he collapsed on the floor and cried. Teresa sat from the other side of the door and burst into tears.

She lay in her room all weekend, thinking about him. Her heart was shattered into a million different pieces. All week at school, they just looked at each other when they saw one another. Thomas wanted to speak to her but he couldn't. He just couldn't bring himself to do it.

On the Friday, she was packing her last things. Her father had been out in the car waiting for her.
"Are you ready?" Sharon asked her.
"Yeah", Teresa replied.

She followed Sharon downstairs and turned to the living room. She looked at the emptiness. A small tear escaped her eye as she closed her front door one last time. She walked to the car and opened the door. She stood there and thought of every moment she shared with Thomas, just like the night of prom. She didn't think. She closed the door and ran down the street. She heard her father yell after her but she kept running.

She walked up some steps and pressed a button. When the boy with brown ruffled hair and chocolate brown eyes opened the door she leaped into his arms and burst into tears. He moved his arms around her and embraced her in a strong, protective hug.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I should've never broken up with you. I can't go. I can't leave you", she sobbed in his arms.
"Ssh. It's ok. Hey, it's ok", he replied. They both pulled away from the hug and stared into each others eyes.
"I love you", she told him.
"I love you too", he replied and she placed her lips on his.