Epilogue

Mason's point of view

Lex had held off the change for too long. She was snapping at everyone and on the verge of doing physical damage.

The good news was that she hadn't shifted and her belly was big and round. She was going to be the first female werewolf to give birth to a child.

Brian did sequencing on the baby to determine that this child was completely human. The baby would grow up just as its cousins had.

"Lex babe, it's time to get this kid out so you can shift," I said as gently as I could. Using the wrong tone got me in so much trouble I had to grovel for three days.

Lex had been crazy. Now at thirty-six weeks, Brian wanted the baby out. It was full term and could be born.

Lex wasn't thrilled with that idea. She yelled and threw a fit about it. Grayson had to give her an alpha order to settle down or he would have locked her in a cell in the basement until the baby was born. She listened.

Grumbling to herself, she sat up. She didn't even glance at me before going to the bathroom. She was mad that I hadn't stood up to Grayson for ordering her around. She thought she was perfectly fine, not the wicked witch everyone was claiming she was.

I was just glad that as soon as this kid was out, Lex would be getting back to normal.

She didn't know that the plan was to knock her out for the delivery. Her wolf would fight against the c-section Brian was going to perform, which would complicate the whole thing. She would be unconscious for the whole thing, but we were going to record the non-gruesome stuff for her.

When we got to the infirmary, Brian was laying out blankets and towels.

He smiled at Lex and patted the bench for her to lie down on. Her reply was to growl at him. I rolled my eyes, from where she couldn't see of course. I was supposed to be the moody, pissed off one.

Lex eyed the needle when Brian got it out of a drawer.

"What's that for?"

Brian smiled back at her to reassure her. "It's to dull the pain. We don't want your wolf to force a change during the delivery. This needs to be as uncomplicated as we can manage."

She nodded and held her arm out. Even though she was a huge pain in the ass, she still cared more about the pregnancy than she did about anything else lately.

Brian injected the sedative and told her to lay back.

"I feel tired." She was scared. I could feel it through the bond. I slowly and gently ran my fingers through her hair. It seemed to help her a little.

Brian patted her hand. "That's normal. Just let the drug work Lex. When this is all over, your baby's going to be here."

When she passed out, we suited up. The drug wouldn't last forever and we weren't going to keep pumping it into her blood. It was a very strong drug. We didn't want the baby to get any of it.

Finn came into the room and put on a gown. He was observing, while Casey was going to be the one actually assisting Brian with the delivery. Amanda stood at Lex's feet, waiting to take the baby from her husband.

Finn stood next to me. "When he cuts into her, your wolf is going to come to the surface. If you move towards Brian, or the alpha female, I will drop you so hard you'll be feeling it for a month."

I nodded at the threat, but didn't reply. Finn was there to make sure I didn't try to get in the way.

Finn had been right. When Brian cut into Lex, I reacted immediately, but held back as soon as I got a grip on myself.