Chapter Four

Thank you Maya_2011 for the cover picture!!!

Mason's point of view

"Are you sure bringing her with you was a good move?" Dean asked as we waited for the rest of the pack to arrive. 

I shrugged in response. "Lex can take care of herself."

Dean's brows rose. "It's not her I'm worried about. Jenna's on the verge of being uncontrollable. In a few years she'll face death or movement to a stronger alpha."

I nodded. I knew Jenna was bat shit crazy back when I slept with her, over time the craziness wouldn't have gotten better. "Lex can handle her."

The alpha wolf smiled. "I'm not worried about a little cat fight. I'm worried about what the woman will do to you once she's filled in all the blanks."

"I'm not too worried." It was honest because I wasn't. Jenna was way before Lex, she would understand... hopefully.  

I didn't like the smile he was giving me, like he knew something I didn't. "Has she ever met any of your past conquests?"

"No."

"Ha!" His voice boomed. "You don't know what she's going to do. You can't bring your woman around your past lovers without disclosure."

"Maybe she won't find out." I was hopeful that she wouldn't, but I wouldn't have bet anything on it. 

The big man laughed. "Yeah, right. They're not getting along as it is. It's only a matter of time until Jenna uses that against Lexi."

I sighed unhappily. I didn't need this drama when I was looking for murderous wolves. 

Lexi's point of view

It was the first night when Mason was invited to go hunting in the woods with the alpha and a couple other members of the pack. Which in turn, left me at the house without any backup against all the girls I had spotted earlier.

I wasn't excited about it, but I also wanted to see why that woman from earlier had seemed to develop some hatred for me. I hadn't even spoken to her. The hate she had for me probably came from something Mason did whenever he had met this pack. After all, she did know that I was going to be Mason's mate sometime soon.

That brought up a whole lot of anxiety that I knew I shouldn't have been feeling.

I spied on the group of four women as they prepared dinner for the men who were gone. The three human women were all different. The (unnatural) blonde one had an athletic body type, but she was in no way skinny like the, unnaturally, red head. The brunette had a little meat on her bones and held herself like she was too good to be here. All three women were cute. They weren't models, but they weren't ugly either.

Then, there was the werewolf woman. Her mark was very obvious with the shirt she was wearing. She looked peeved, like she was trying to come up with a plan to get back at someone who wronged her. I saw that look on Willow's face when she was planning on dishing out some payback to the boys.

I had a feeling those plans were going to be used against Mason, so I needed to stop her train of thought.

One step into the kitchen and I could feel the wolf's eyes on me. "Can I help at all?"

The three women looked at their leader, the werewolf. She narrowed her eyes at me. "That's okay. I think we can manage without your help," she replied snarky.