Mate of the Werewolf - A Werewolf's Fate

Start from the beginning

“I am Raven, the real Crimson Wolf,” he suddenly informed her with a chilling firmness. “And I don’t like some egotistical brat like you ruining my hard-earned reputation.”

Camellia couldn’t believe what she was hearing. Did this male actually have the gall to claim that his name was the Crimson Wolf? How obnoxious could one be?!

“I’m sorry, what?” Camellia questioned slowly. “The REAL Crimson Wolf? Oh, really now?”

“Oh yes,” Raven answered sharply before lowering his head in a way that was supposed to be intimidating and threatening. However, Camellia was too feisty to even be mildly impressed. “Do you want to see why I am called the Crimson Wolf?”

“Not in particular as I’m the real Crimson Wolf around here, asshole,” Camellia retorted sassily.

Raven’s ear flicked back for a second, seemingly an annoyed twitch radiating from him. “I earned that name by one method; severing the main artery in the neck, causing blood to flow as Crimson.”

“Oh, please,” Camellia snorted as she rolled her eyes skyward. “Hardly impressive. And quite frankly a stupid reason for earning my title.”

Another twitch rippled through the dark wolves form and behind him, the two other wolves who had been quiet the entire time were slowly backing up. Heh, they were intimidated by her now. About time.

“Really?” Raven growled lowly, still twitching ever so slightly. In fact, it appeared that it was taking all his effort not to bristle with rage at being out-sassed by her. “Then let me show you how I do that, shall I?”

And then he bared his teeth, lunging for her throat.

-------------------------

Ethan was still trying to catch his breath as he lay upon Chance’s bare chest, his body trembling from the intensity of their shared passion. Chance had his arm wrapped securely around his waist as he ran his fingers through his hair.

He can’t believe he just did that. He had mated with Chance, a few hours after meeting him. It just didn’t seem right in the human part of his brain, but his werewolf instincts were all but whimpering with contentment. The older wolf guided him through multiple orgasms as he claimed him and was so gentle and loving, Ethan had truly never felt so safe before in his life.

During the throes of their passion, Chance had bitten the side of his neck where it meets the shoulder, marking him as his mate. It was a mark that will stay with him permanently, a sign that he was his mate he was informed. And Chance seemed proud of that.

Despite the initial pain of the breaking of flesh from the bite, Ethan felt a sense of contentment touch him by the thought of finally being with someone who would be there, by his side to protect him.

Someone to love and cherish him.

Pressing his nose into his hair, Chance drew in a deep breath, taking in his scent. “Are you alright?”

“Yes,” Ethan replied breathlessly, placing his hand on Chance’s chest as he pressed himself deeper against his side.

“I’m glad,” Chance whispered softly to him, his hand now soothingly running through his blonde hair.

Suddenly, Chance tensed and sat up abruptly, and with his arm still wrapped tightly around Ethan’s body, he brought him to a sitting position as well. Ethan uttered a noise of surprise by his suddenly movement, his body giving a tiny ache of protest at being moved so unexpectedly.

Pressing his hand against Chance’s bare chest, Ethan tilted his head back to look up at his mate; confusion mixed with a light sense of fear was evident in his eyes. Chance, on the other hand, was busy staring at the window, his usually placid eyes narrowing in suspicion and possession.

“Chance, what’s wrong?” Ethan immediately questioned as Chance sniffed the air, a light breeze from the open window bringing an oddly sour scent now that Ethan took a moment a sniff the air as well. Upon doing so, he frowned deeply.

The new scent was actually quite nauseating.

“Raven,” Chance suddenly snarled, his body tensing further. “He is here.”

“What?” Ethan gasped. He knew very little, practically nothing about this werewolf called Raven, but if he caused such a hostile reaction from Chance, he was a source of concern.

Slipping out of bed, Chance quickly transformed into his wolf form and turned to face Ethan, his expression a mixture of anger and troubled, his fur all but bristling. “Whatever happens, you must stay near me,” he practically ordered, jumping upon the bed to be close to him again.

Ethan felt like slinking back submissively as he clutched the sheet from his bed against his naked body. “He’s after me?” he asked meekly.

“He most likely wishes to claim you as his own,” Chance explained as he appeared to grow more and more agitated, his wolfish eyes narrowed with caution. “And he wishes to do that tonight.”

“But I am already your mate,” Ethan pointed out quickly; the thought of being with someone else was terrifying to him.

“Yes,” Chance nodded before letting his ears fold back as his stance turned grim. “So that means he will have to kill me.”

Now that really scared Ethan and he sat up straight, fear in his eyes. “What?”

“Don’t worry; I will not lose you to him,” Chance told him firmly, his gaze holding such conviction that Ethan believed him immediately, completely and utterly.

“Chance,” Ethan whispered before he, too, quickly transformed to his werewolf form. “Chance, be careful.”

“Just stay with me,” Chance murmured as Ethan nuzzled his head under his, the two of them taking a moment to simply nestle against each other, relishing in the feel of their mate.

“I will,” Ethan confirmed before the two of them leapt off the bed and out through the window, heading toward the threatening scent. But even with Chance shadowing his side, Ethan felt a sense of fear wash over him.

Something truly terrible was going to happen here tonight.