Epilogue

The girl stared out at the blood red sunset as it bled out over the Nile, staining it crimson, and blanketing it with rubies And topaz. She felt as though her bleeding heart was what was pulsing out of the auburn sphere; drenching the sacred river scarlet. She climbed down the side of the sandstone building, attempting not to injure her throbbing ankle further, she slunk out into the twilight. She had just one chance to make things right. The way they should be. She opened her wriggling satchel, and allowed the creature to sink its teeth into her skin. She tried I scream but she was incapable. She knew she would have no recollection of this moment, when she survived. She opened her mouth and allowed silent words to come from her bleeding mouth.
"Mehen and Apophis, let my Ba become one with the serpent, and my Ka stay with Amun, where it belongs." She collapsed onto the sand, and awoke about an hour later. Alone. As always. For a serpent never remains with its family for long. They are lone hunters; even the King Cobras. The future Queen rose to her feet, facing the west side of the river; the side of the dead... or the cursed. She knew then that she was one with the Gods. She flung her head and arms back, breathing in the scalding desert air. Safe... at least for now.

For fate is a mysterious force, it works in ways we can never understand. The ancient Egyptians knew that. Hence, they were prepared for their death the day they were born. But they did not fear it.