Chapter 3

(Y/n)'s POV

~3 years later~

"Ice crystal dragon's roar!"

A blast of ice, snow and crystal came out of my mouth and destroyed almost everything in its path.

"Well done. You have gotten very strong with your dragon slaying magic. You may think I don't know this but throughout the past few years, I saw you secretly training with your maker magic and reflector. You have gotten stronger. You can train with whatever magic you want but promise me that you will become even stronger and live life to its fullest," Glaciana exclaimed.
"I will, I promise you."
"Okay, let's train a bit more."

~At night~

I was silently gazing at stars with Glaciana while eating ice, snow and some crystals we found. It was a beautiful night. I wish it could stay like this forever: Glaciana and I by ourselves, without a care in the world, but I know she'll have to leave someday.

"(Y/n), let's go to sleep."
"*yawn* okay."

~In the morning~

"Good morning, Glaciana." No answer. "Mother?"

I looked around but she was gone. I continued looking but it was futile. I began crying and wouldn't stop.

"Glaciana, where are you?..."

I cried and cried until I fell asleep again. When I woke up, there was a letter and necklace with a heart charm made out of ice and crystal with Glaciana's scale inside. After putting the necklace on, I began reading the letter:
Dear (Y/n),
I am sorry that I had to leave you. I know you can accomplish anything if you set your mind to it (maybe you'll even meet the man of your dreams *wink wink* ...just kidding). Always keep that necklace with you and remember me. Don't try looking for me even if you have the urge to. Remember me in your heart, I always have and always will love you.
~Glaciana

I began sobbing. Why did you have to leave me?...With sadness filling my heart, I put the letter away and began my journey to travel the world, planning to become stronger and help others in need. I might decide to join a guild but that can come later. I needed to get some rest before I started my journey tomorrow morning.

~In the morning~

I have just set foot in a little village, hoping to find some work and earn some money until...

(A/N): I hope you're enjoying the story :)