♦19♦ - Big Step

Start from the beginning

"There is more," he inevitably cut me off. "In all honestly, I could save myself without you. I could upgrade my position to a critic and become the boss of any model here, but for anyone to be willing to accept me is unlikely. I know you would, Yuu. You seem dedicated to me."

I was. He fascinated me. How could anyone suffer as much pressure as he did and still manage to upkeep themselves? He had breaking points, but then he'd act like they never even existed. He was stronger than I'd ever be.

"When I saw your body that day, I realized what greater advantage you and I would both have - that is, if we were to work together." His gaze seemed to change, like it morphed into a manipulative trance.

"I still don't see what my body has to do with any of this," I admitted, reminiscing on the way he admired my body with his soft, grazing hands.

He gave me a look that almost mimicked relief, as if this were a prolonged plan he obtained for ages just itching to be put into action. "Because if you were to become a model, I would become your boss and no one would ever touch me anymore because I am not under contract restrictions. And no one would ever touch you because you would be under my full custody."

"But, wouldn't I lose my job as your personal assistant?"

An irritated look was shot at me. His face was ridiculous, clearly vexed that out of all possibilities he mentioned to me that being his assistant was the thing I cared about most. Well, I loved where I stood on my level in this job. I hated what was happening to Mika, and all I hoped for was that there was a way he could be out of the law of being molested and I could still assist to him. How did that dumb contract even work, anyway?

"No. You will forever be of my assistance. You are amazing at what you do. And yes, even the ignorant slip-ups you have done," he slightly chuckled, making me smile.

"Well, if I'm saving you, then of course I want to do it. But can you explain this whole contract thingy to me, at least?" I asked through a sigh, slightly swaying my legs under the chair.

He nodded, folding his hands like a stereotypical dad ready to give his son the birds and the bees talk. "I will spare you the details and keep it simple. You already know who I am and what I do, and under all of what I do, it is under a contract. Due to my 'sexual predominance,' like my physique and face or whatever people find interesting in me, puts me in a stance to allegedly be a prostitute and sold to people whenever a selling is granted to a party. I never asked to be a prostitute. I signed up for it, but I never knew what it was. I was brainwashed on its meaning. Where I originated, prostitutes were just people who went on dates with personages. I did not mind that. Too late when I realized. The contract was far too gone out of my hands and the first night I was molested was when I realized what I had done."

"Why haven't you just spoken to them about it?" I asked, but I knew the answer was inevitably going to be something that he clearly could not fight. It's not like he was just waiting around for someone like me to spill coffee on him to suddenly swoop in and save him.

Our gaze then morphed into unsteady ones. "Viníce has my contract."

My mother told me to never disrespect a lady, but Dear Lord was this woman a sick bitch. How could someone's own aunt just let them unwillingly be raped and let it pass like the wind? How many people in here got raped like Mika? Or were some people okay with the prostitution? I was so desperate to find it all out.

"Mika, why don't you tell someone? Is there anyone else out there who can break that contract?" I nervously rambled, bouncing my leg uneasily. Every sweet memory I had experienced with Mika occasionally flooded my mind and each one hurt like a bullet after I realized just how much a precious boy could suffer so much.