Shadow Dancer

I grew restless as the thumps of feet sounded simultaneously throughout the studio; the repetitive sound blending in with the melody that drifted in the air. My eyes seemed to close on their own accord as my feet seemed to drag along to the beat of the piano keys.

I was so tired not only was i restless i was on the brink of exhaustion and only then one question popped into my mind 'how much longer?' i thought to myself. As if the question had been directed to God himself one word followed my inquiry...

"Enough" came the near screeching voice of Madame Antoinette otherwise known as the devil, the mercenary, the dragon, the torturer and last but sure as hell not least my mother.

"Mary Elizabeth you where one beat off in the faux de paus, Charlotte its called landing not crashing.." I tuned her out as she continued to criticise everyone on their performance or as she liked to often mention lack of performace.

"Ariabella! Ariabella..." faintly I heard someone sigh before someone screamed "ARIABELLA" in my ear sending me back to reality with a jolt I had to stop myself from grimacing at having my mother so close to me.

Don't get me wrong my mother was a beautiful woman that many men fawned over sometimes I suspect thats the only reason my father had married her for her beauty because my mother no matter how beautiful is a hard hearted woman.

Though I suppose it was better than having no mother at all you see my family is financially one of the top families in Europe and that meant I rarely saw my father as he was always being required business trip after business meeting after any other work related function.

Dont get me wrong I understand that my parents need to work hell that's the main reason I joined ballet so I could spend more time with my mother at the time of course i wasnt aware she would make training me to be the best an unhealthy addiction.

Oh of course where are my manners my name is Ariabella Vittoria daughter of Antoinette and Giovanni Del Vecchio and as rich as I was. I'm miserable. Don't get me wrong i'm not some rich spoilt girl that doesnt appriciate what she has but damn i'd give away all our money for a normal happy family.

"Ariabella!" came my mothers voice now sounding more irritated again snapping me from my train of thoughts as I felt a forceful tug on my earlobe she pulled me closer to her where she could speak to me and others couldn't listen "you are acting like a child" I tried to mentally block her again 'acting like a child'  i thought bitterly at 16 years of age what was i an adult? I thought sarcastically.

This time a sharp sting across my cheek made me pay attention to my now seething mother "you are to stay here for four hours practicing after everyone leaves and don't you dare come home any sooner " she said glaring at me. I nodded not wanting to argue with her and with a triumphant smirk she went back to teaching the rest of the class.

It was nearly midnight when I stumbled out of the ballet studio my raven black hair now free from its bun its ringlets swaying slightly as the wind played with them my tights and leotards in my duffel bag no longer making me look like a five year old i was now clad in dark skinny jeans and a band tee shirt.

I dragged my aching body down the steps of the ballet studio after closing up and started my long walk home seeing as my 'darling' mother took the car.

Halfway there I nearly screamed out in frustration as the sky opened up in a down pour and lucky me got a one way ticket to drenched world. I shivered as the cold rain pelted against me mercilessly I tilted my head back as i got wet from head to toe and decided not to let it ruin my day.

A childlike giggle escaped my lips as i stuck my tongue out letting the rain drops fall into my mouth I closed my eyes at the new sensations and clutched tighter to my duffel bag as a feeling of delight overcame me.

Content that I had a brief moment of happiness after the last ten torturous hours of the day I tilted my head back forward sighing happily thinking I was nearly home and nothing would damage my happy mood. That was of course until I opened my eyes and they where met with golden ones staring back at me intently; a scream escaped my throat and the last thing I registered in my head before I passed out where warm strong arms catching me before I could fall.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

SO THAT WAS MY FIRST CHAPPIE OF SHADOW DANCER PLEASE VOTE FAN AND COMMENT I WONT BITE TELL ME IF I SHOULD CONTINUE MY LOVELIES AND IF YOU THINK I SHOULD FIX ANYTHING TOO LET ME KNOW ILL ANSWER SOME QUESTIONS BUT NOT EVERY QUESTION SINCE I DON'T WANT TO REVEAL WHO THE STRANGER IS JUST YET xD