Chapter 1 - Escape

A wizened old man sat in a chair in a dimly lit room. A sea of notes, crumpled paper surrounded him. The body of a human laid on the floor. Both the gender or whom the body belong to was never to be known. Why?

It was mutilated beyond recognition.

The old man stood up and started walking towards a stack of notes in a frenzied, sleep deprived manner. His eyes, bloodshot with thirst for knowledge.

The Philosophers Stone.

As he went through the notes, beside a candle soon doomed to burn out, his eyes opened. He had cracked it! The sleepless nights and days were worth it. He now needed the materials to make it. Materials that were hard to gather. But that was of little matter. After all, his other project was almost complete. Then, time would be of no matter. He left the room. The wooden door creaked open, then abruptly slammed shut.

The door creaked back open.

A shadow darted swiftly along the dark corners of the room. Approaching the stack of notes, it read through it briefly. Then it fell back in shock, causing it to knock over the chair, causing a black cloak to fly off of the shadow, revealing a man. The old man walked back into the room. It took him a second to realize what the man was doing.

Then he erupted into boundless rage.

The figure grabbed the notes and dashed out of the room, pushing down the old man.

However, the old man had countermeasures, and sent Ragno, giant mechanical spiders powered by controlled lightning , after the man. The man uttered words, then the notes disappeared at the exact same time strange marks appear on his right arm. The Ragno shot nets of metal that bound the man'a feet together, preventing him from escaping. However, the man glowed dimly, then as soon as the old man realized what the man was doing, it was too late. He shouted in agony as his life's work slipped through his fingers,"MY ASSISTANT! NO!".

And then life left his body.

And went right into mine.