14. Shopping With His Majesty.

Start from the beginning

I sat up straighter to get a better look and found out that everyone was clearing out of the path Damien's car was going through.

I looked at him, my eyes filled with questions while he just smirked, "they can smell my scent, and nobody wants to be the reason for their King's delay."

Wow, everyone really did respect him, well more like feared him.

We reached a parking lot filled with countless cars, as I turned my head to look at the shopping mall.

One word.

Amazing.

"We didn't come here for you to gape at the mall like that, let's just go."

Without waiting for a response, he opened the car door and stepped out. I followed his actions as he walked around the car and grabbed my upper arm, sending a now familiar wave of electricity throughout my body.

Oblivious to my reaction to his touch, he continued walking, almost dragging me along with him.

I moved my arm out of his grasp and looked at him in the eye, "I can walk on my own."

I noticed his eyes turn wide before I quickly turned around and took a step forward. Bad idea, because I suddenly bumped into a stranger and my frame stumbled back into Damien.

"Watch it, " an angry voice said.

If it wasn't for the king's arms, that reached out to steady me, my butt would be on the floor right now.

His face had a bored expression on as he lazily smirked, "I can clearly see you can. That--"

"Let's just go."

He frowned, his eyes turning more serious, "You're not the boss here, don't order me around, human."

But then he continued walking with me trailing after him, still glaring at his back.

*

*

*

"Which one?"

We were in a store called "Forever 21", and Damien had told me I could buy whatever I want while he was just on his phone making calls or scanning through something. But his attention was divided though, probably to make sure I don't run away, like I would in a world filled with scary monsters who are eagerly out to get me.

Even though this place was great and I discovered something I've never seen before with every turn I made, I eventually got bored of the excitement. I wanted someone to give me ideas and opinions on what looked better. Someone to help me out, I wish Emma was here with me instead.

I held up two of the same dresses but different in color, asking the King which one looked better.

He rolled his eyes like he would rather be anywhere else but here, "I don't care, buy whatever you want"

He went back to his phone as I just shrugged off his ussual behavior and turned around.

"The red one."

I heard a faint smooth voice that belonged to nobody but him.

What's up with him liking the color red so much?

I smiled, turning around to face him again, "Well I'll get the pink one then."
I saw him open his mouth but before he could say something rude or scold me again, I turned around and ran into the fitting room.

*
*
*

I rested my sore back on the car seat, letting my head fall back, I was beyond tired.

My feet were numb and it seemed like they would fall off any moment now. My arms were tired from looking through the clothes.