Q&A

Q: Did you base Anya on someone you knew or was she someone completely made up?

A: She's a mixture of various characters I know of, she's got elements from characters like Harley Quinn, Octavia Blake and Alice Liddell but she's very much her own character.

Q: Did you plan on having four stories in the series or did they just come along with it?

A: At first, I just wanted to do one. But then I fell in love with Anya and I felt as if she deserved her own story arc and she got it. I didn't plan on four; I originally only wanted three to have the first story (Their Last Hope) and then the prequel and then the sequel. Last First Love came as something that I wanted to do since it showed the readers how Anya really was back in Archenland and how she'd grown from the starting point. Then Their Commanding Queen just came out of nowhere since it had been about a year since I'd written everything and I just missed the freedom that I had with Anya so I came back to it.

Q: How easy/hard is it to write the language of Aadmari?

A: Very hard because I needed to know what I wanted the characters to say and then I needed to see if there was a word for it and it's like that – it's a long process. It takes me probably around half an hour just to write two or three lines of dialogue in Aadmari.

Q: What alliances does Archenland have?

A: Narnia, The Lone Islands and Wild Lands of the North.

Q: In Their Commanding Queen, we see that every place in Narnia has its own name and name for the people in Aadmari; what are all the names and what are they?

A: Narnia is known as Trikru – Tree People since Narnia is almost all forested.

Archenland is known as Arkulan – Archenland.

Calormen is known as Sankru – Sand People since Calormen is almost completely desert.

Ettinsmoor is known as Azgeda – Ice Nation due to how cold it is.

Eastern Ocean is known as Floukru – Boat People since its all ocean; all people who live beyond the beaches are known as Floukru.

Aslan's Country is known as Skaikru – Sky People since Anya came down to Narnia in a shooting star, people assume anyone from Aslan's Country is from the skies.

The Wild Lands of the North are known as Yujleda – The Broadleaf Clan, due to the broadleaf was originally found there.

Underland is known as Delfikru – The Depths Clan due to being under the world, Bism is also known as Delfikru.

Telmar is known as Louwoda Kliron – Shadow Valley due to how far away it is and how dark it usually is.

Sons of Adam and Daughters of Eve (people from Earth) are known as Ingranronakru – Plains Riders due to their ability to go through worlds.

Q: How does Anya age?

A: She ages once every hundred years. So when she arrives in Narnia, she's twelve almost thirteen years old and when she leaves it after the last battle, she's almost twenty years old and that took me a long time to figure out the timelines but after a lot of studying, I got it done.

Q: Who is your favourite secondary character?

A: Probably Shylton or Pygott, they're pretty awesome.

Q: Which story was the most satisfying to write?

A: Probably The Lion's Roar since that was the longest but it was the most fun since it was the origin story of Anya and we got to see her be a badass.

Q: Were there things you cut from the stories?

A: Yes, there are multiple things that were in the stories but I took them out. In The Lion's Roar, Anya was supposed to fall pregnant with Selwyn's child but it died a few weeks after being born – I cut it out because it didn't fit with the timeline although it was there pretty much since I started the story.

Q: How long does it take for you to write each story?

A: It depends, it could take anything from like three or four days to four months, it really does depend on what I'm writing about and where I am with the story.

Q: What will you do now that the Anya saga is over?

A: Well, I'll continue on various other fanfiction writing but I plan to get more into my original writing.

Q: What was the first piece of fanfiction did you write?

A: I wrote a piece for my English class and that was on The Outsiders and that's where I started, but my first proper one was a Twilight and Sucker Punch crossover. Looking back at it, it's really not as good as I thought it was.

Q: Will we see this Outsiders fanfiction?

A: I don't know, maybe. If people want to read it then I'd have to think about it.

Q: How old were you when you started writing fanfiction?

A: I was thirteen or fourteen when I wrote my first fanfiction and it just kind of grew from there.

Q: Have you ever deleted a story and you wish you could revisit it?

A: Of course! There was a story I wrote called 101 Ways to Annoy Your Parents and that was the story that really got me into writing and I deleted it because I didn't really update it but I wish I could revisit it and write it again.

Q: What story can we see you write next?

A: Well, I'm in the middle of writing She Dreamed of Paradise and when that's finished, I'll bring out a new story called Young Gods – hopefully. I'm very indecisive with stories. I write them for hours and then I just get bored and visit them like four months later.