Forever Starts Now

It had been a month since Anya and the Pevensies came into True Narnia and Anya still hadn't spoken to her father, instead spending her time in the woods and making bows and arrows and traps – just to distract her from the important issues that needed to be addressed. She was still in Queen of Archenland and warrior mode – you put bandages over your issues and pretend they're not there, they got in the way of the important things and nobody had time to deal with your personal issues. That was how she was trained in Archenland, and it would take her a long time to learn how to get out of it and go back to being the girl she used to be.

But Anya didn't want to go back to being the girl she used to be; weak, pathetic and above all, a child. She didn't want to go back to being her, but she did want to stop being the warrior queen since there was no need for her to be one but it was all she knew. She didn't know how to live her life any other way; it was a warrior or it was nothing. She missed Archenland, too. The old one. She wanted to return to her home and she knew she'd have to wait, but Anya wasn't in a patient mood.

Her fingers traced over the engraving on her sword, wondering if she went to Archenland, she'd see Shylton once more. She wanted to see him again; he was among the very few she trusted and even fewer that she respected. All the things she had been through with him stuck inside her brain, reminding her of one of the many things she had lost far too quickly.

The only thing that brought Anya out of her trance was Lucy nagging her about giving everyone a tour of the castle she once called home, and despite Anya's protests, she finally did it. And almost an hour later, the group – which consisted of The Pevensie's and Trinian – was in the middle of a guided tour around the extensive castle that belonged to Aslan.

The group were looking at multiple different portraits hung in one of the long halls connecting the library to one of the hundreds of other rooms. "That's her," Anya told the group, pointing to a portrait of a woman who looked similar to Anya but had dark green eyes instead of blue. "That's my mother. Then next to her that was me a few weeks before I was banished."

"You looked so different." Lucy commented, a hand placing on the golden frame of the portrait.

A small smile came onto Anya's lips as she thought about how different she looked in such a short space of time. "I was a different person then; I had no boundaries or sense of self back then. I was just beginning to understand the world when I was banished. But now I'm thankful that I was, I learned so many things and of course, I met my real family and I don't regret that at all, and I don't think I ever will."

Before Anya could go onto the next portrait, a servant interrupted her and gave Anya a low bow. "Your Highness, there's someone here to see you. He says his name is Shylton and-" The servant didn't even have time to finish what he was saying because by the time the name Shylton reached Anya's ears, she was already racing down the hall towards her visitor.

Tears were already starting to fall down her cheeks as she collided and gripped onto Shylton's body. Within moments, both of them were in tears and desperately hugging each other, refusing to let the other go. It had been far too long since they last saw each other; both of them had changed since they last looked at each other both physically and mentally. Shylton buried his face into Anya's hair, pressing endless kisses to the side of her head, almost as if he was her father.

Once they finally pulled apart, Shylton placed his hand on her cheek, forcing himself to smile through his tears. "Look how big you are, you're practically a queen."

Anya shook her head, laughing away her tears. "I was queen of Archenland back in old Narnia, but all I wanted was to have you back."

Shylton laughed too, his hand dropping from Anya's face. "I always knew you'd be a queen; even when I met that sarcastic little shit in the woods all those years ago."