Amelie Leveridge and Severus Snape Chapter 7

Start from the beginning

"So where were you before?"

"Well, umm, my parents died when I was three, so I spent the last few years on the streets, after running away from one of the orphanages I was staying at, because everyone shunned me because when I got angry, bad things happened..."

Ron was looking at me, shocked.

"Oh, I'm.. very sorry to hear about that..." I just shrugged.

"It's ok, I'm used to it." By now, we had boarded the train, and Ron said:

"Well, I'm going to go and find my friends, I hope you'll be okay on your own Amelie.." I nodded, and ushered him away. I dragged my luggage to an empty carriage, and sat down. A few minutes later, a slightly akward looking boy appeared in the doorway, he had brunette hair, that flopped over his head, his hazel eyes looking at me shyly. He wore a goofy grin, and was carrying a large trunk, and a toad in his hand. His robe had the Gryfindor crest on it, and I got the feeling that I would get on well with him.

"Uh..Hello"

"Hello" I replied, smiling earnestly at him.

"Uh, please may I sit here, all the other carriages are taken.." I just nodded, and watched as he clumbsily sat down, and held his hand out to me, which I shook, as the train began moving.

"I'm Neville, Neville Longbottom."

"I'm Amelie Leveridge"

"Are you new?"

"Yeah, I'm just starting fifth year but I don't have a house yet.."

"Oh.. So how come you haven't come here before?" He asked, and I just said the same to him as I said to Ron. He watched me intently, until I finished, and then there was a long, akward silence.

"Greek Yoghurt helps to fight Wizard Pox" Neville suddenly blurted out. He looked as embarassed as I was shocked. And we both burst out laughing.

"Wh, What?" I managed to say between laughs.

"Sorry," He said, looking at the floor" I always blurt things out when I'm nervous.." I smiled at him sweetly.

Just then, a boy with silver hair, and imposibly pale coloured eyes burst into the carriage. Neville suddenly tensed, and a girl with long, curly blonde hair and ice blue eyes stood next to him.

"Who's that?" I mouthed to Neville.

"Draco Malfoy and Caitlin Kirkwood" The girl stated, staring viciously down at Neville and I.

"Move, this is our carriage." The Malfoy boy said, cruelly staring at Neville. Neville went to stand up but I pushed him back down.

"I do believe that we were here first" I said cooly, trying to control my temper.

"I didn't ask you Mudblood" Draco replied. My eyes widened with anger. But a tug on my hand from Neville and I tried to calm down.

"I'm sorry, but we aren't going to leave." I stated, staring him out.

"Yes, you are" said the stuck up Caitlin.

"No. We're not."

"Just move it mudblood, or else" He glared at me and I drew my wand, my anger finally taking over me. I shoved the wand under his chin and scowled at him. I may not have been at wizard school for the past 4 years, but I had learned alot from the books Professor Snape had given me, and knew a powerful spell or two.

"Or else what?!" I growled, registering the fear in his eyes. Him and Caitlin backed away, and ran down the corridor. I laughed after them and sat back down again. Neville was staring at me, with wide eyes.

"That, was, brilliant!" I smiled at him.

"Do you know some spells then? Because you haven't been at magic school before, so I wondered whether you had learnt any?" I nodded.

"I learnt everything you guys have learnt from Professor Snape for the past two weeks."His look of wonder turned into shock as he stared at me.

"Professor Snape." I nodded. "Hogwarts Professor Snape?" I nodded again.

"But, why? I mean, why would Snape help you? He..he's evil! Why would he help anyone?!" I began frowning at him.

"Snape's not..evil.. He's just..grumpy.."

"But why was he helping you?"

"Well, umm.." I didn't really know what to say, because Neville really seemed to be scared of Snape.

"He's...my adoptive father..."

Nevilles jaw dropped open, as he stared at me in shock. I smiled nervously at him, as the train began to slow down, into the station at hogwarts. This was going to be interesting.