51 - HUNHAN: I Have Died Everyday Waiting For You

ابدأ من البداية

He is really beautiful.

Blinking too many times when a dried leaf blocks his vision, Sehun shakes his head furiously. He looks like a stalker.

"I look like a stalker," Sehun repeats to himself out loud, kicking a stray rock on the ground. He has already decided he will talk to Luhan and introduce himself again today, reminisce their childhood days and maybe build another potential friendship. But that's not going to happen if he's still hiding here behind a vending machine as he ogles at his old friend, waiting there by the bus stop. Any minute from now, Luhan will surely get on the bus, and it would be another feat for Sehun to wait again tomorrow.

He's been following Luhan for a week now, and still, no progress.

"Man up." Sehun clenches his fist against his chest, and steps forward bravely. "I can do this."

People pass against his direction, but he pays them no mind as he focuses on the boy standing meters away from him. Luhan is bouncing on his heels, looking really happy based on the genuine smile on his face, just how he had looked like when Sehun had offered him his toys to play with.

Sehun opens his mouth to speak, "Luh--"

"You came!"

He stops.

"I've been waiting for you for thirty minutes!"

"I'm sorry. Do you miss me?"

"Just little."

"Liar."

Luhan laughs, and it sends a new-found ache into Sehun's heart.

"Can you give me a bear hug?"

Frozen on his tracks, Sehun only watches Luhan hugging the newly-arrived boy taller than him for a few inches. He looks familiar but Sehun can't see him, only his back. The other boy ruffles Luhan's fluffy hair, kissing him on the forehead as Luhan closes his eyes. Chuckling, the guy makes an arc of his elbow, so Luhan links his arms inside the space of the other boy's arm. He has his head leaning against the other boy's shoulder as they walk away, talking about things Sehun couldn't care less.

It takes a minute before Sehun can realize he's still on the middle of the street staring at nothingness. Feeling a pinch on his heart, he turns his back and slowly walks away. Is he too late now? He already has a boyfriend, doesn't he? Sehun smiles bitterly. Why woudn't he? Luhan is beautiful, he's also kind and loving. Maybe in all the years they haven't seen each other, Luhan has been busy with his life and has found a guy that he truly likes.

So maybe that is also the reason why Luhan has already forgotten about him. Because in retrospect, Sehun was just a part of Luhan's childhood, not a part of his entire life, unlike Sehun, who has spent his ten years finding Luhan, hoping they could be reunited again. As ironic as it sounds, it's just now that Sehun realizes how ridiculous he has become for clinging on the past ten years ago to be exact. He's still hoping for Luhan to come back, but now that he sees him right in front of his very eyes, it seems like all became so useless, the fact that Luhan might not need him anymore hurts like a knife.

"Should I give up..." He drops his shoulders, gripping the can of coke between his palms. "Or should I not.." A sigh. "Maybe I should.."

Standing up as he discards his half-drunk coke on the nearest garbage can, Sehun waits for a while for the next bus to arrive. He sends a quick text to his mom saying he will be crashing at Jongin's house tonight before pocketing his phone. He's not in the mood to sleep in his room because it would only remind him of Luhan. The toys displayed on top of his cabinet only bring his childhood memories of his old friend.