Chapter Two

• Dedicated to Iwona Orlowska

"What is it?!" Fred demanded slamming his fist down on the table.

"I don't know!" I shouted back at him.

"You do know!" George said, glaring at me from across the table.

"How do you expect me to know what McGonagall and Dumbledore were talking about?! I can't read minds!" I screamed.

"Tell us what you-know-what is!" Fred and George screamed in unison. They shot each other dirty looks before returning their glares to my eyes. We had been doing this for nearly twenty minutes, and the twins showed no signs of giving up. The twin had barred the doors with spells I didn't know how to break, and refused to let me go until I gave them a good answer.

My cheeks were burning scarlet, and my fists were clenched. I couldn't tell them anything. I would get into so much trouble.

"I THOUGHT WE WERE HERE TO PLAN A PRANK OR SOMETHING! BUT NO, YOU TWO ARE ALWAYS LIKE THIS! YOU TWO ARE IMPOSSIBLE! HOW DOES MUM LIVE WITH YOU?!" I had exploded, I went on and on shouting at the twin's shocked expressions.

"AND ANOTHER THING! I REFUSE TO TALK TO YOU TWO UNTIL YOU LEARN HOW TO TREAT YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS WITH THE RESPECT THEY DESERVE!" I roared. I then immediately regretted my actions.

I stumbled backwards to the wall and slid down it until I was sitting. Placing my head into my hands, I burst into tears. I cried for a great amount of time until one of the boys walked over to me and firmly placed their hands on my shoulders. I looked up. It was George.

"Listen, we're sorry," he said, "We didn't know you would feel this way about... it. We're sorry."

I just gazed at his face. How could lie to him? I couldn't! But yet, I was forced to.

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''FOUR YEARS LATER''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

"Oh come on. You know you want to." Fred coaxed. My relationship with them had grown stronger ever since my first year at Hogwarts.

"No," I said firmly, "I refuse to join you in your games. I have OWLs to study for."

"Lyra! OWLs aren't until next term!" George said, still attempting to lure me into their games.

"Just take the Puking Pastil and you won't have to go to History of Magic!" Fred urged me.

"I need help in History of Magic the most! I will not be missing that!" I said and I was'nt lieing. I swore to myself I would never lie again, because the whole life I was living was a lie.

As I dodged my annoying twin brothers and made my way down the hall to History of Magic, I felt my body collide with another body. Before I could even touch the ground, I began to mutter apologies. To my shock, the person I collided with did the same. I looked at the person I hit, and to my utter shock, it was Neville. Neville Longbottom. The one boy I dreaded most seeing.

"Um, I-I'm sorry." He said, getting up hurriedly. Nevile extended his hand out to me, I hesitantly took it and he lifted me up off the ground.

"No, I'm sorry." I said, refusing to look into Neville's eyes.

"Um, right." Neville said awkwardly.

"Well, w-what's your name?" I asked, trying to spark a conversation.

"Neville. Neville Longbottom." He said, looking at his feet.

"My name is Lyra W-Weasley." I said, stumbling over the last name I was supposed to use.