That catches me off guard. I turn to him and look at him curiously. “Why you ask?”

            He looks around nervously. “I was just wondering.” He says quietly.

            After a minute of looking at him skeptically, I turn away and answer. “About 2 years ago, when a town I was passing through was under attack, I found Cassy crying over her parents, yelling for them to get up. They were buried under a wall of concrete. The mother was already dead and the dad was at his limit. As I tried to help him, he just looked at me and asked me to look after her and then died. I couldn’t just leave her behind and took her with me to get some shelter. I had already been out of the Company for about a few months and was as alone as she was. She apparently didn’t have any other relatives and so I took her in.” I sigh, going through all the images of the past.

            “I don’t mean to be rude but this has kind of been bugging me since you first mentioned Cassy.” He says nervously.

            I look at him again. “What is it?” Tristan seems to be listening also.

            “Well- it’s just- how do I put this?” Jacks looks away.

            “Just ask.” My patience running thin.

            “Is Cassy a replacement for Kelsey?” He blurts out.

            I freeze. “What do you mean?” I ask.

            Jacks takes a big breath and looks directly at me. “I mean, were you trying to correct your mistakes with Kelsey and try to do better with Cassy? Do you know that Kelsey and Cassy are two different people?”

            I pause for a moment. Tristan seems to stop humming then, waiting for my answer. I then smile at Jacks which catches him off guard.

            “To be honest Jacks, I did think like that,” Jacks opens his mouth but I hold up my hand. “at first, but then I realized just how different the two were. Kelsey hated tacos but Cassy loved them. Kelsey loved to put on make-up but Cassy loathes it. Little by little I noticed the differences and realized that they could be total opposites. And I think that’s what made me love Cassy so much. She was different. Nothing like Kelsey and then I felt terrible for ever even thinking that Cassy could be the new Kelsey. I started spoiling her out of guilt and yet she didn’t know. She said she didn’t need any of the stuff I offered and that all she needed was me and that made me feel even worse. I didn’t know how I could fix it but then I realized there was nothing to fix. I fell in love with this child and thought of her as another sister. She wasn’t a replacement, just another member of the family. She saved me from my own darkness. I wouldn’t have been here today if she hadn’t come into my life.” I say seriously.

            Jacks seems shocked by my answer while Tristan smiles and starts to hum again. Before Jacks can say anything, Cassy runs out and hugs me, crying. I hug her back and just know what she’s thinking. She loves me too and we wouldn’t have survived without each other. As Cassy slowly stops crying, we release each other and just look at each other, knowing exactly what the other is thinking.

            “When did you get up?” I change the subject.

            Cassy smiles as she wipes her tears away. “A few minutes ago. Who are the new guys?” She asks as she looks at Tristan and Jacks.

            “Friends from the Army. That’s Jackson and Tristan.” I point to each one.

            Cassy turns to Jacks.

            “Can I call you Jack?” She asks.

            Jacks looks at me then back at Cassy and smiles. “Sure.”

            Cassy smiles and goes over to Tristan to introduce herself. I get up from the chair and start to head to the stairs.

            “I’m going to go take a shower. Let me know when breakfasts done.” I yell.

            I hear Cassy yell ok and head to the bathroom. Me, being used to just one other person in the house, forgot to knock and just walked right into the bathroom. I come face to face with a chest. A naked chest. I look up shocked to see a smirking Brock only in his boxers, about to take them off. Once I register what he was about to do, I close my eyes and squeak out a sorry. I turn to leave but realize the door shut when I came in. I search for the doorknob. Once I get a hold of it, I start to open it but then feel a hand grab my hand and the doorknob and shut it. I feel body heat radiating behind me and know just how close Brock is. I open my eyes in shock but don’t turn around. Brock’s hand is still on mine while the other is next to my head, leaning on the door. I feel movement as he moves his head to my ear.

            “And where do you think you’re going?” He asks with a deep, low voice.

            “I-I was j-just going to wait-t outside until you’re done.” I curse myself for stuttering but I couldn’t help it. I almost saw something that I hope not to see any time soon. Even if I already have seen it before.

            “Now why would you do that?”

            “Because you’re about to take a shower and I need to take one too.” I then realize I shouldn’t have said that.

            Brock moves closer and I feel his chest touch my back. Everywhere he touches, my skin starts to burn. He moves my hair behind my ear and gets even closer to it.

            “Then let’s just do it together.” He then licks my ear.

            I squeal as Brock backs up and laughs. I turn to him and glare at him.

            “So not funny.” I yell.

            “Oh come on, that was funny. I didn’t realize I affected you so much.” He smirks.

            I scoff. “In your dreams.” I say.

            “Oh trust me. I do a lot more worse things to you in my dreams.” He says.

            I feel my face heat up. “Are all you guys this cocky?” I ask.

            Brock looks at me then at his body then back up at me and just keeps his cocky smile on his face.

            “Can you blame me?”

            I grunt and storm out away from Brock’s laughing. I go into my room and flop on my bed. I’ll just wait until he’s done.

>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<>()<

Hey so sorry for taking so long to update and also for not making the chapter longer. I haven't gotten my computer fixed but at least it charges so I can still type and whatnot. My keyboard is the problem. The chapter would have been out over a week ago if some of the keys hadn't decided to be all moody and only work at random times. You don't know how many times I would start to type and then get frustrated because some of the letters wouldn't work. Anyways, I hope to update more and just use my parents computer when they're not looking. I know, I'm so evil :D Also, this is dedicated to BraveAngelGirl for voting and commenting on my story. I really appreciate it!